cool video I found.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting, the bed setup kinda surprises me. I would never trust the metal in my sprinter to hold me on a mattress. Maybe he has those hooks set in somehow extra.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Interesting, the bed setup kinda surprises me. I would never trust the metal in my sprinter to hold me on a mattress. Maybe he has those hooks set in somehow extra.

I was thinking he may have the whole thing framed up with 2x4s or something behind the wall paneling and he drilled into one of those. Ive been thinking how im going to set my bed up. Id like to make one that can raise and lower like his to clear freight if I need to sleep with a load, but I would have to imagine the way his is set up it would swing around when you moved in the bed. I saw the picture you posted the other day, how do you have your bed set up, xiggi? Do you have any pictures of your set up?

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pretty cool video. I wished they would of showed more on his air conditioner. Interesting that he converted a window AC to a rooftop AC

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was thinking he may have the whole thing framed up with 2x4s or something behind the wall paneling and he drilled into one of those. Ive been thinking how im going to set my bed up. Id like to make one that can raise and lower like his to clear freight if I need to sleep with a load, but I would have to imagine the way his is set up it would swing around when you moved in the bed. I saw the picture you posted the other day, how do you have your bed set up, xiggi? Do you have any pictures of your set up?
I have a wall mount, after two skids I have to fold it up on the wall to put three on the floor but it doesn't happen that often. I might have some pictures somewhere I'll have to look.

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why are these interviews in the desert?

There was a gathering in Flagstaff in June of people who live in vehicles. Ranger kicked them out after 5 days because there were over 100 attending and you need a permit if over 75. I was there but left before that occurred. Some moved down to Cottonwood area and I think that may be where the first video was filmed. I talked to the yellow Sprinter guy in Flagstaff. Most of the other videos were filmed in Quartzsite during the winter gathering.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've always wanted to do Quartzsite but the other one sounds good too.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
There was a gathering in Flagstaff in June of people who live in vehicles. Ranger kicked them out after 5 days because there were over 100 attending and you need a permit if over 75. I was there but left before that occurred. Some moved down to Cottonwood area and I think that may be where the first video was filmed. I talked to the yellow Sprinter guy in Flagstaff. Most of the other videos were filmed in Quartzsite during the winter gathering.
Well that answers the desert question, thanks!