May Flowers

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Ever try to pickup a 40 pound box at the FedEx Supply Chain facility in Memphis using a pickup number that has no meaning, and without having a shipment number, or an order number, and the person at the customer who set this up through the 3pl that called you for the shipment is gone for the day? And you're still sitting here waiting after 3 hours because the 3pl is adamant that the meaningless pickup number is really and truly meaningful and is all you need?

Lol, Bolt one time kept on faxing the pu# to a customer as I stood there. They never did get it faxed to the right office. After 75 minutes of trying to get Bolt to fax it to the office that I was standing in I gave up and fell off the load and went and did Halloween w/ my kids. The load was Chicago to MI, exact route I was going anyways. I can't compete with complete stupidness.

Reactions: NorthernBill

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol, Bolt one time kept on faxing the pu# to a customer as I stood there. They never did get it faxed to the right office. After 75 minutes of trying to get Bolt to fax it to the office that I was standing in I gave up and fell off the load and went and did Halloween w/ my kids. The load was Chicago to MI, exact route I was going anyways. I can't compete with complete stupidnesswin or lose? Lol.
If you did compete against stupid.....would you want to win or lose? Lol

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Ever try to pickup a 40 pound box at the FedEx Supply Chain facility in Memphis using a pickup number that has no meaning, and without having a shipment number, or an order number, and the person at the customer who set this up through the 3pl that called you for the shipment is gone for the day? And you're still sitting here waiting after 3 hours because the 3pl is adamant that the meaningless pickup number is really and truly meaningful and is all you need?

Fed is a BIG machine. But if the FIRST gear in the chain has a bad tooth or two the whole string of gears is lost in the mix.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fed is a BIG machine. But if the FIRST gear in the chain has a bad tooth or two the whole string of gears is lost in the mix.
Picking up at the big hub or at Supply Chain is a snap, as long as you have the shipment order number. But if you don't have that, you're just there to pick up one of the 9 million pieces they've got in the building.

4 pm pickup. I'm still here. Waiting to be called right back.

Reactions: Murraycroexp

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Soooo, detention stopped after 5 hours, Layover situation. .We'll sort it out in the morning.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well my delivery to Pleasanton, CA turned into a they were supposed to ship that to Piscataway, NJ...tried to stay with that load and do the run. Contact guy was fine with that...our ops offered to have me doing it at cost to help them and get me off the west coast without paying empty moves. 3pl had other ideas and I had to deliver it to Old Dominion in Oakland, along with 2 hours detention (which I would have not pursued if I kept the load) and another stop....2900 more loaded would have been stellar...no dice...now in Los Banos, CA waiting for a load or an empty move tomorrow.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Soooo, detention stopped after 5 hours, Layover situation. .We'll sort it out in the morning.
so is that detention minus the 2 hr giveaway for 3 hrs?...PLUS layover......or is it layover only, detention is included, aka you get screwd for the 5 hours?