May Flowers

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know what would more painful for Ken, getting sick or paying for a Motel?
very funny....parting with $$$$ is such sorrow....:p
but can't make money feeling like crap and no proper sleep...so I think of it as an investment for earned income and the motel IS tax deductable....:)
1 day down and feeling a lot better...going to stay here 2 days to make sure...besides its a long weekend...

I made a silly rookie mistake kinda...because in this business it could have gone either way....took a shorty on Friday that didn't empty till 10 pm, pretty much quarnteeing I'd be sitting the next at least 3 days....BUT in hindsight it was the best decision so I could get this room and get healthy to get back to road warrior status once more...Had I been healthy it would have been a bonehead decision....Only 5 more weeks till CRE's 2 week shutdown...yes this is like working for Chik a fil or Hobby Lobby..you know when your next day is off....:)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
very funny....parting with $$$$ is such sorrow....:p
but can't make money feeling like crap and no proper sleep...so I think of it as an investment for earned income and the motel IS tax deductable....:)
1 day down and feeling a lot better...going to stay here 2 days to make sure...besides its a long weekend...

I made a silly rookie mistake kinda...because in this business it could have gone either way....took a shorty on Friday that didn't empty till 10 pm, pretty much quarnteeing I'd be sitting the next at least 3 days....BUT in hindsight it was the best decision so I could get this room and get healthy to get back to road warrior status once more...Had I been healthy it would have been a bonehead decision....Only 5 more weeks till CRE's 2 week shutdown...yes this is like working for Chik a fil or Hobby Lobby..you know when your next day is off....:)

We're shutting down 2 weeks now?!?!?!
Didn't know that. Sally will be excited to learn that.

Get well soon!!

Reactions: RoadTime

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Such a choice..... Pick-up a load tomorrow, to be delivered Tuesday at 7:30am, or spend the day at Kensington Metro Park...... Oy, such a choice.

smile.gif

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just when I thought I would be sitting in Ft Worth, TX another 2 or 3 days after an 0 for 2 T Shirt run w OKC losing again Sat night...got called at 10am today for a 1300 p/u in Lewisville, TX for Tues delivery in Pleasanton, CA 1,666 loaded miles. Makes for a nice start to the week, especially a 3 day holiday.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So why did Ntimevan get banned?
<shrug> Pretty much the same thing that anyone will get banned for - a blatant disregard for the EO community rules of decorum and civility.

In his case more specifically, for repeated multiple violations of the Code of Conduct, openly disrespecting expedite motor carrier executives, disrespect of EO ownership and staff. After being warned multiple times and even suspended to no avail, he became more trouble to deal with than he's worth.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is this a permanent ban?
Yes, it is.

That doesn't mean that the ban couldn't be lifted, but (other than spammers) it takes a lot of work to receive a permanent ban, so it'll take at least that much to get it lifted. There had only been one person who's ban will absolutely, positively not be lifted.

We have 3 categories of Bans now. One is the permanent Hard Ban with no expiration. That's the hardest one to receive. You've simply worn out your welcome with a clear demonstration of an inability or unwillingness to get along with and play well with others. You will generally need to accumulate multiple warnings and/or suspensions for the same offenses to get a Hard Ban. With a Hard Ban you can read the site only if not logged on. You cannot participate in any way.

The second one is the Soft Ban. It is the same as the Hard Ban except it will have an expiration date. It's also a tough one to get. It should be considered your one final last chance.

The third kind is a new type, the Suspension. A Suspension will expire after a few days, weeks or months. It prevents you from participating in the forums, however what makes it different from the bannings of old is that you can still make use of the Private Conversation features of the site. That way communication isn't totally cut off and you can still make your case, apologize, whatever, to the Moderators, as well as remain in contact with the other members of the community. If a disruption occurs in the forums, that disruption is going to go away, but I don't want to be a total dick about it and cut off all communications when that's not necessarily warranted.

You can use that communication opportunity to redeem yourself, which many do, or you can use it to escalate things to a Soft or Hard Ban, which a surprising number of people seem to want to do.

Getting mad for being suspended and then yelling and calling me or the Mods names in a Conversation is not unlike the van driver who walked from the security guard his to his van, waved at me and said they don't open for 2 more hours, then put his van in reverse and slammed into the front of my van, and got mad at me for parking behind him.