Memorial Day Weekend Gas Prices

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gas prices are at their highest point of the year, averaging $2.313 nationwide as of today.

This month also marked the first time since August that the average price was more than $2 per gallon in every state and Washington, D.C.

But don't despair, the good news is that, despite the high price, drivers could end up paying the lowest Memorial Day weekend gas prices since 2005. So rejoice in your misery.

Based on today's state averages, drivers in the following states have it best going into the holiday weekend:
  • Mississippi — averaging $2.075 per gallon today
  • Texas — $2.08
  • South Carolina — $2.089
  • Louisiana — $2.093
  • Arkansas — $2.095
State averages are currently highest in these five weenie states:
  • California — $2.808
  • Hawaii — $2.674
  • Alaska — $2.628
  • Washington — $2.597
  • Michigan — $2.532

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Weenie states?
That's mostly meant for California, Washington, who mostly eat gluten-free goat's cheese and wear skirts made of gluten-free whole grain wheat, and Michigan, who is mostly mostly just greedy bastards who want the money to fix the roads that they won't fix.

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Michigan, who is mostly mostly just greedy bastards who want the money to fix the roads that they won't fix.
Thanks, don't remind me.

And then to make things worse, they work on roads that don't need repair! Can we say I-275.
:mad:

Reactions: brokcanadian

Sprint Hard

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Turtle thank you I guess for slapping us with the hard reality. I was hoping someone would bring this up.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Turtle thank you I guess for slapping us with the hard reality.
tumblr_mn8n37kvoe1srkbtqo1_500.gif

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL diesel is cheaper in Ohio then gas right now coming across 70
That is an speedways not the truckstops

Last edited:

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gas prices are at their highest point of the year, averaging $2.313 nationwide as of today.

This month also marked the first time since August that the average price was more than $2 per gallon in every state and Washington, D.C.

But don't despair, the good news is that, despite the high price, drivers could end up paying the lowest Memorial Day weekend gas prices since 2005. So rejoice in your misery.

Based on today's state averages, drivers in the following states have it best going into the holiday weekend:
  • Mississippi — averaging $2.075 per gallon today
  • Texas — $2.08
  • South Carolina — $2.089
  • Louisiana — $2.093
  • Arkansas — $2.095
State averages are currently highest in these five weenie states:
  • California — $2.808
  • Hawaii — $2.674
  • Alaska — $2.628
  • Washington — $2.597
  • Michigan — $2.532
I think you forgot PA.

Reactions: xmudman

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's always that bastion of free enterprise in NY, Irving...2.13 for diesel and 2.06 for gas yesterday...course they should be selling for 1.80 without the taxes...