Taylor May'd

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Went from #1 to #2 where I was at. So I started to DH south and still no call today. So I ended up at the best place I could go to. The office :)

Reactions: ntimevan

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
These companies shipping freight crack me up. If it's 2999lbs they say it's 2999lbs. If it over 3000lbs they just say it weighs 3000lbs. Freight never weighs exactly 3000lbs. Lol. Maybe their just trying to make sure they're getting sprinter rate, idk. Even though I wouldn't call 58cpm sprinter rate.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
In 9 yrs of expediting I have never been treated worse or more unprofessionally then I was tonight at the Ford truck plant in Kentucky. First I was told that I'm not a real man because I drive a van. Not sure what that was all about! Then when I tried to get a signature on my second BOL I was told that I get one signature that's it. When I asked why I couldn't because both bills were in his hand I was told and I quote "because I don't f__kin feel like it, is that a good enough answer for ya". Even though I was in complete disbelief at the way I was just talked to we proceeded to unload my truck. After my truck was unloaded I asked the guy very nicely if there was any chance I could get that signature and he said and I quote "you've already asked me twice and now your asking a third time so now you can go f_ck yourself". After standing there like an idiot for several minutes in disbelief it took everything in my power to get in my truck and drive away.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Windsor glad you did what you did! I know it was hard. I myself had a bad experience at my shipper today. There was so much I wanted to say to that man that loaded the freight on my van, but because I represent Load One I had to bite my tongue today. At the end I told the guy thank you sir and hope you have a great day.

BTW,.I think thats the worse Ford plant to go to.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The only time I've ever come close to losing my temper with a shipper or receiver is with that little slice of sunshine at Panalpina in Huntsville. One of these days...
k_choke.gif

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
The only time I've ever come close to losing my temper with a shipper or receiver is with that little slice of sunshine at Panalpina in Huntsville. One of these days...
k_choke.gif
I know the woman you speak of. Last time I was there I had to let her finish her game of candy crush before she would help me.

Reactions: RoadTime

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
And now a message from our Director of Safety:

Good day Load One!

We’re getting closer to summer and it all starts with this long holiday weekend. So, as the “safety guy”, it’s in my nature to be concerned with everyone’s road safety and not just the road safety of our Load One CMV drivers. I want to take a minute to remind you and hopefully raise your awareness to some potential hazards we will face as the motoring public.

As it warms up we’ll start to see more people out walking, running, riding bikes, skateboards, motorcycle,…etc. whether you are driving or one of the many out enjoying other summer activities, you need to be aware of your surroundings – Get The Big Picture with a 360 degree view of what’s going on around you.

Our young people will be getting out of school soon and will be all fired-up for summer. Families will be on the road heading out for vacations with motorhomes, pulling campers, boats, etc. or headed north to the cottage for probably the next several months. More traffic, more people in a hurry, more people distracted, more people partying, and more people making bad decisions. That’s why YOU need a 360 degree view of what’s going on around you at all times.

· Keep your eyes moving looking far enough down the road for hazards and don’t forget to check your mirrors - what’s going on behind you?

· Don’t tailgate! When you do, you lose your reaction time and the ability to avoid a hazard such as debris in the road. You’re so focused and upset with that vehicle in front of you that you lose all sense of what’s going on around you.

· It’s recommended that if you are being tailgated to increase your following distance of the vehicle in front of you. Why? It gives you and the dummy tailgating you more time to react - more time and distance to brake will help to prevent a crash.

· Don’t get caught in that line of cars with no way out and end up in a crash because of someone else’s bad decisions. Always leave yourself an out.

· Use hands-free devices while talking on your cell phone and NO texting and driving! It can wait…

· Seat belt – seat belt – seat belt…for everyone in your vehicle

· Is your vehicle ready for your trip? Tires/Lights/Brakes - Tires properly inflated to manufactures recommendations will increase your fuel mileage, tire wear, and shorten your stopping distance. Under inflated tires heat up faster and that could lead to a blow-out. Make sure ALL of your lights are working, including your brake lights. Are your brakes grinding or making noise? Get them inspected and repaired if needed.

· Are you towing a trailer? Is your vehicle rated to pull/carry that load? Can you see around the trailer? Can you stop in time to prevent a crash?

There have been over 300 fatal accidents in the state of Michigan to date in 2016. That’s 54 more fatalities over the same period of 2015! Speed, distracted driving, drunk driving, fatigued driving, and aggressive driving are the top 5 factors. In 2015 the highest fatality age group was 25-34. 163 people died -132 male and 31 female. Next is 45-54. 141 people died – 98 male and 43 female. 43 kids under the age of 15 died in a car crash, as a pedestrian, or riding a bicycle!

It only takes a split second to change your life forever - or the life of an innocent person in the wrong place at the wrong time, forever!

Arrive alive!