Question re 2013 hino AC

Chiefman

New Recruit
Mechanic
Hi guys,

I have a 2013 hino truck ,sorry not sure the model but I have the numbers from the compliance plate.

AC will only come on if I supply the AC relay with an earth...when I do this the system all works and AC is cold..the diagram I have has something called a "lock amp" which looks like it may supply an earth to the relay?
Anyone have ideas of how to locate the "lock amp" and what it is?
Thanks

Chiefman

New Recruit
Mechanic
Cab-over-engine or conventional chassis?

What's your location?
Thanks for replying, the cab is over the engine.the truck has a 16000L water tank on the back if that helps,I'm from australia .
I have the details from the build plate,I'm not sure how to identify the model,but I have the numbers etc

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Thanks for replying, the cab is over the engine.the truck has a 16000L water tank on the back if that helps,I'm from australia .
I have the details from the build plate,I'm not sure how to identify the model,but I have the numbers etc
Check for two AC fuses. Don't forget the fuse boxes outside of the truck. After that, the blower motor switch is the most likely (if AUS and US trucks are essentially the same).

Chiefman

New Recruit
Mechanic
Check for two AC fuses. Don't forget the fuse boxes outside of the truck. After that, the blower motor switch is the most likely (if AUS and US trucks are essentially the same).
All the fuses are good,originally the AC2 fuse was missing which I replaced,what I'm searching for is a module or something which supplies an earth to trigger the AC relay? The diagram indicates(if correct) that something called a "lock amp" supplies the earth to the relay. Not sure where or what that is,has about 5-6 wires to it,including a tacho feed....
I'm a bit lost with this one..

Thanks for the info

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
All the fuses are good,originally the AC2 fuse was missing which I replaced,what I'm searching for is a module or something which supplies an earth to trigger the AC relay? The diagram indicates(if correct) that something called a "lock amp" supplies the earth to the relay. Not sure where or what that is,has about 5-6 wires to it,including a tacho feed....
I'm a bit lost with this one..

Thanks for the info
upload_2015-12-6_22-21-2.png

upload_2015-12-6_22-21-36.png

upload_2015-12-6_22-22-6.png

Chiefman

New Recruit
Mechanic
that diagram is definitely different to the one i have,although I cant confirm the one i have is correct. I will try and scan what I have and post it...

on the diagram you posted what is J/C & J/B?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
that diagram is definitely different to the one i have,although I cant confirm the one i have is correct. I will try and scan what I have and post it...

on the diagram you posted what is J/C & J/B?
Junction box and junction connector.
This is for a 2013 195 COE