My Dad is dying.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
And I got a call from an unlisted number this morning. The person was gleeful that dad was on his way to Hell, and gave me a stern warning that I'd suffer the same fate unless I repent.

And people wonder why athiests always seem angry. Perhaps if they first remove the plank from their eye.

I did not recognize the voice, but I have a strong feeling this person was from my mom's side of the family.

The same side that allowed my grandmother to suffer and die from a treatable bowel problem after she was told that faith alone could heal her.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
2 of my friends had their mothers die from dementia it's a slow crappie death because the person go's before the body does.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
2 of my friends had their mothers die from dementia it's a slow crappie death because the person go's before the body does.
In her case, she's developing a persecution complex. No one is allowed to disagree with her. If you need her to do something you've got to convince her that it was her idea to start with. And the rewriting of history is nonstop. Every dumb teenager thing I did 20 years ago has resurfaced, somehow constantly intertwined with the most recent events. Lost her purse? My fault. Car needs a transmission? I touched it once, my fault.

Stupid ass disease.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I got a call from an unlisted number this morning....

I got so pissed when I read that post. That person's attitude does not come anywhere close to what Christian compassion is supposed to be. You're absolutely right about that person needing to remove the plank from their eyes!

Greasy, what I can promise you is this: I will keep you and your family in my thoughts as you go through this. Like a lot of folks here on EO, I've lost my parents. It's tough, damn tough, and there's no magic wand to make the pain go away. Just remember, though, that you have friends here to help you walk through it.