Taylor May'd

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ya I know they are trying hard to get him moving. He had some calls and actually got one load to
Quebec ???? That one was a mistake !! Hey, as long as he gets out this week it all good. Just hate to see him with a goose egg. We will see what tomorrow brings and hope for the best !!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ah, adventure. Be careful what you wish for. Pickup back in the same squirrelly neighborhood that I dropped off, so from the J in Ruther Glenn I wind my way back through Beaverdam and Bumpass (seriously, look it up) to the Anna Nuclear Power Plant. Squirrel my way back to I-95 heading to Waterford, CT, 441 miles. Piece of cake. 7, 8 hours, tops.

I hit I-95 about 6 miles north of the J, 60 miles south of D.C. And I-95 is stop-and-go traffic, 60 miles south of Washington, at 15:30. I figured it was a little accident or something up ahead.

Newp. That stop-and-go traffic stayed that way, and stayed that way, and stayed that way, while it poured rain the entire time, from the time I got on until Elkton, MD. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY MILES of 20 MPH stop-and-go traffic, no accidents, no construction, no nothing, other than Friday afternoon (and deep into the night) and rain. It took me 8 hours to get from the pickup to Carney's Point. From that point it it was a breeze, the NJ Turnpike, the GW Bridge, hardly any traffic.

But, 11 hours, 50 minutes, to go 441 miles. I don't know if they booked it at 12 hours transit time because they knew something they weren't gonna tell me, or what. But I delivered it early. to a nuclear power plant in the middle of the night. Because, hey, adventure. :eyes:

Reactions: jelliott

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow. Diesel at the Sturbridge, MA Pilot $2.59.

At the Shell station closer by on New Oxford, $1.99

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Wow. Diesel at the Sturbridge, MA Pilot $2.59.

At the Shell station closer by on New Oxford, $1.99
I've noticed that Pilot has been getting more expensive lately. Independent truck stops have been offering much better prices. Sometimes $.25 or more per gallon.