Taylor May'd

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Had three offers today. Two offers were 50 to 75 miles away. The third one was 37 miles away. Thinking about heading a little further south.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Had three offers so far today. Didn't get any of them. Can't go south as we are in Laredo.

Reactions: ntimevan

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Got a load to SC and NC. Two stop delivery.
Great load, glad you got out so fast. We got out pretty quick also. Now just hoping my driver gets lucky today or tomorrow for sure. We don't want a goose egg for him for the week but we have hope and he can do hazmat, Canada and carry 20k so there's a lot of options for him it's just a time thing !

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Oh and in other holiday news.....this afternoon when I should be drinking a margarita I will instead be getting wisdom teeth out..... :(

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you ever get a chance to go from Johnson City, TN to Moravian Falls, NC (just south of Wilkesboro, NW of Statesville), pass on it, because you have to deal with this... 99 miles and nearly 3 hours of S-turns and hairpins, and locals wanting you to speed up like you know the road. OMG. Just shoot me.

Map.PNG

And then once you get out of the mountains into Wilkesboro, you think you're almost there, but no. It's right back up into the mountains.

Map2.PNG

IMAG0314aa.jpg

Your #1 source for beekeeping supplies. And really large bees, apparently.

It beats auto freight, I guess.

Fortunately, I didn't pick up any actual bees. It was a bunch of bee hive bodies.

IMAG0315.jpg

Took 'em to the top of another mountain in Somerset, VA, very near President James Madison's Montpelier home, which I drove past on the way back out heading towards Richmond.

Give me straight and flat Iowa or Kansas any day.