May Flowers

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the j in Doswell va. Relocated here this morning from DC. Had 3 calls already. Turned 2 down and ok'd the 3rd which was a bid load. Come to find out that load grew too big to fit on my sprinter so it cancelled. Now waiting on the next call.
Should I laugh or should I cry? Been myself once for a pickup, which it was supposed to be one crate. When I got there, besides that number 1 it was added a 0. They were small, they fitted in my PM, but the weight I'm sure it was a huge lie. They claimed to have only 2500 lbs, but when I hauled 3000 lbs, my van gave me 17 mpg, this time only 15...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
OK, I have a plan to improve my revenue stream. I go into Lane Bryant and buy an outfit to wear. Take a picture and show it to the broker and tell him if he doesn't give me the job I'll file an EEO lawsuit for gender bias. Now, the question is, should I get something slinky lime Caitlin or a pantsuit like Hillary? After all, they're BOTH successful transgenders, even if only one admits it!!

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After completing today's mission, I received 2 offers for tomorrow first was a mini, I turned it down not enough money in it, second was to Davenport Iowa that o passed on since I'm still on the mend from cellulitis

Reactions: ntimevan

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, I have a plan to improve my revenue stream. I go into Lane Bryant and buy an outfit to wear. Take a picture and show it to the broker and tell him if he doesn't give me the job I'll file an EEO lawsuit for gender bias. Now, the question is, should I get something slinky lime Caitlin or a pantsuit like Hillary? After all, they're BOTH successful transgenders, even if only one admits it!!
Thank god you said Lane Bryant and not Victoria's Secret!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A new carrier name
Only English LLC
Now-Entering-English-Only-Zone.jpg

Reactions: NorthernBill

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Should I laugh or should I cry? Been myself once for a pickup, which it was supposed to be one crate. When I got there, besides that number 1 it was added a 0. They were small, they fitted in my PM, but the weight I'm sure it was a huge lie. They claimed to have only 2500 lbs, but when I hauled 3000 lbs, my van gave me 17 mpg, this time only 15...

If you got some extra $$ for it, then you should be doing neither. If you ran that run for the same rate as it was booked .... then you should be crying. I'm usually very successful at bumping the price if the load is heavier than initially stated.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Finally got booked after no calls Friday thru the weekend . Monday also produced no calls . Today was offered a few shortys picking up after midnight , which I refused . Shortly thereafter got the call .....8am pick up in Flint going down to MT. Vernon , IL. At least it's a start.
Ya gotta do the first one to start on a roll....Good luck...:)