Paying your drivers

pok

Rookie Expediter
Hey guys,

Thinking about getting a second truck... Which is the best service to pay your drivers? Comdata?

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
It's always worked best for us when an owner had direct deposit. Comdata you have to get cash off the card, and you can't pay bills online. It's just not convenient unless the driver prefers using it.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Transportation Alliance Bank, use to be affiliated with Flying J but not anymore since they sold to Pilot. Driver simply get an account and they receive a debit card that they can use anywhere. You as the owner can transfer money into your TAB account and then transfer pay to your drivers. They can use the debit card or transfer to their bank all free of charge and transfers in the TAB system are imediate making payments for repairs and other things on the road very easy.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you pay to a Comdata Card, the driver can set it up to transfer any or all to his bank account.
$1.75 for the transfer.
Any time he wants he dials in and transfers as much of his balance that pleases him.
Be classy, give the driver the extra $1.75 to cover his cost.
Keep it simple.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Direct deposit is the best option...

Not always, some banks charge to DD into an outside account or they hold the money till it clears, hence you make deposit on Friday, drivers dont get it till Monday. All depends on the bank !!!!!!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not always, some banks charge to DD into an outside account or they hold the money till it clears, hence you make deposit on Friday, drivers dont get it till Monday. All depends on the bank !!!!!!
I know, that's what my bank does. I pay the drivers on Friday and they get the money on Tuesday. Also they charge me a monthly fee for DD...