What methods do you receive load offers by?

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Just wondering by what means you all receive your load offers. E-mail, phone, qualcomm ?
Maybe to many it makes no difference the method as long as they get them.

Myself I prefer getting a written offer with as much info as possible to make a decision on the load.
Sometimes a phone offer with an impatient dispatcher feels like an armed holdup. :(

What do you think?

Stay safe
KG

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, a text message with the load offer would be the best way to get informed. Lots of dispatchers are real pushy over the phone, yet it's the fastest way to find out if you want the load or they have to check with the next in line...

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I prefer email or QC. If I get a call while driving, I always tell them to let me pull over to talk. Even with hands-free bluetooth, I prefer to give my full attention to the details.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
With us, it's usually a phone call, to see if we're interesting in running a load they are about to bid on or they have a customer on the other line.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I prefer the phone, but if I get it over the C-link or in a text that's fine too. I just want to know about it so I can make the choice if I want it or not.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Phone calls or text ...
I can digest either method. I'm picky about getting all of the details all at once, so that I can make a quick, informed decision.
Normally, I'm considered the pushy one in the conversation. I know ... go figure ... :rolleyes:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Phone call about load followed by qual-com load info a minute later about 95% of the time ... the rare 5% is phone call asking if interested in an Odd ball load before putting me on the load ... Flat rate + fsc on loaded miles and All dh after first 50 miles dh leaves no wasted time on negotiating ...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At Panther it's usually phone, text, and QC all at the same time
For me I usually get the text message first, before it hits the QC. If they are bidding on a load then I get a phone call. The dispatcher will say they have a customer on the line and wonder if I would be interested in this load. "Customer on the line" is code for we are bidding on a load. If I don't respond on the QC within a few minutes I get a call. Sometimes it all hits at once.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
First a phone call then the load goes to QC. The dispatchers know me well. I'm not on the phone with them no more than 10 to 20 seconds.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
For me I usually get the text message first, before it hits the QC. If they are bidding on a load then I get a phone call. The dispatcher will say they have a customer on the line and wonder if I would be interested in this load. "Customer on the line" is code for we are bidding on a load. If I don't respond on the QC within a few minutes I get a call. Sometimes it all hits at once.

They must have gotten better about calling drivers. When I was there, I'd go to sit in my van, turn on the ignition, and the Qualcomm would beep. There would be a nice load offer for a 750 mile load. Then as I would be in the process of accepting the load, another message would come across that I've been pulled from the load for not responding to it. How can you respond to a load you were never aware of? I think they did this so that they could skip over me and give the load to another driver (a favored driver)! They just needed to cover their asses by sending it to my truck first. No one sits in their truck all day waiting for the Qualcomm to beep when you have a cell-phone. I know one thing, they never had a problem calling me when it was a Mini run! They never pulled me off a mini run for failure to respond. You remember 60MPH "Phillip" he told me a very cool story once. He said that when he was at Panther, they sent him a load offer for a load in Chicago, and when he got to the customer, there was a driver parked blocking the loading ramp. He was yelling about how panther never calls his cell when he's at home, and that he was out front mowing his lawn and missed the call. When he found out he had lost another load he quickly retrieved the load info off of his QC and went nuts. lol. I don't remember if Phillip let the guy take the load, or if Phillip offered to give the guy the load and Panther said they don't want him to have it. I thought that was so funny. Panther has all of these protocols and they never follow them. That is why I loved working for Bolt Express, because they didn't complicate the simple. they called first and asked if you wanted the load, then they sent it to you after accepting it. There were no questions to trip you up like "are you aware" or "can I make you aware?" which is a play on words they use to trick you into taking a load when you've been woken up in the middle of the night.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajakapari

Expert Expediter
Hate booking loads from them. Seems like it's always something.... Alwaysssss something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to work for bolt. The thing that they did that would piss me off is wake me up at 8am for a 700 mile load that would pick up at 4pm deliver direct. Great now that I'm up at 8am I'm sure I'll be super tired at the end of this delivery

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I was there, I'd go to sit in my van, turn on the ignition, and the Qualcomm would beep. There would be a nice load offer for a 750 mile load. Then as I would be in the process of accepting the load, another message would come across that I've been pulled from the load for not responding to it. How can you respond to a load you were never aware of? I think they did this so that they could skip over me and give the load to another driver (a favored driver)! They just needed to cover their asses by sending it to my truck first.
Why would they waste time sending a load offer to a truck they want to skip over? Why not eliminate the middle man and offer the load to the favored driver? You probably timed out because your QC was off when the load offer came in.

No one sits in their truck all day waiting for the Qualcomm to beep when you have a cell-phone.

Macro 6, driver availability has several options pertaining to driver status. One of those options is: AVAILABLE OUT OF TRUCK ON PAGER. After I POD out at the consignee I use this option for may status even if I'm driving to a layover spot. I assume "pager" now refers to cell phone. Using this option requires dispatch to not only send the load offer over the QC but also call.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I used to do that moot, and they still never called me. They would only send the load to the truck without a phone call which is just dumb. Maybe it is different these days. All I know if I always got phone calls on the mini runs, even when I was number 15 out of fifteen available trucks.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In 5 years at Panther there was only one instance where they sent a load over the QC, failed to call me, and pulled me off the load for no response.

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
typical phone call from dispatch askin if im interested or not, if i am they toss a bid and i patiently wait for a good news callback, lol.

Reactions: Ftransit