Classic Movie Saturday

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's that time of the week. Yes children, it is Classic Movie Saturday!

Today we will be enjoying Classic sci-fi films. Starting our journey is the 1956 masterpiece Forbidden Planet.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A few well known movies 3/26 on TCM are the 1967 Dr. Doolittle at 16:15, The General at 19:00 and Stagecoach at 22:15.

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A few well known movies 3/26 on TCM are the 1967 Dr. Doolittle at 16:15, The General at 19:00 and Stagecoach at 22:15.
Thanks for the heads up Leo.

I've never seen The General..... It's on the list for today!

eating-popcorn-smiley-emoticon.gif

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's not TCM and technically not Saturday but Sunday 4/10 on OVA there will be a mini-marathon of 5 James Bond movies with various leads.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's not TCM and technically not Saturday but Sunday 4/10 on OVA there will be a mini-marathon of 5 James Bond movies with various leads.
Wow, thanks again. The DVR will definitely be working overtime this weekend.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it's that time again....., Classic Movie Saturday is upon us.

Today we will be getting silly with our choices.....

We begin with 3 movies from the Dean Jones collection...

1966 The Ugly Dachshund
1968 Blackbeard's Ghost and 1972 Snowball Express.

Reactions: Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to another edition of "What Should We Watch?".

Ragmama and I have decided on having a silly day. We wlii be enjoying the work of the late great Don Knott's.

We will begin with my favorite...
From 1968.... The Shakiest Gun in the West, followed by The Incredible Mr. Limpet and of course we can't forget from
1958... No Time for Sergeants.

Smiley31-1.gif

Reactions: fastman_1

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome to another edition of "What Should We Watch?".

Ragmama and I have decided on having a silly day. We wlii be enjoying the work of the late great Don Knott's.

We will begin with my favorite...
From 1968.... The Shakiest Gun in the West, followed by The Incredible Mr. Limpet and of course we can't forget from
1958... No Time for Sergeants.

Smiley31-1.gif
All very good!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Especially like the first and third. Good choices. You just need The Ghost and Mr. Chicken to go with those.

Reactions: Moot and Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
TCM has Dial M for Murder and The Man from Laramie today and tomorrow Arsenic and Old Lace plus a few others that maybe aren't classic but pretty popular like The French Connection and The Seven-Ups.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
TCM has Dial M for Murder and The Man from Laramie today and tomorrow Arsenic and Old Lace plus a few others that maybe aren't classic but pretty popular like The French Connection and The Seven-Ups.
Got to love TCM if you're a classic movie junkie.

Thanks for the heads up .

d8e6e8192c2058b3b120ed5498002c13.jpg

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Arsenic and Old Lace is on my Top 10 All Time Favorites list.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Due to the recent spat of fantastic weather here in the Mitten state, Classic Movie Saturday will be cancelled for this week.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Due to numerous complaints from the peanut gallery here at the Pile of Rags, it had been decided not to cancel Classic Movie Saturday, just postponed until this evening.

That way, we can enjoy both a glorious day outside and our viewings.

In other words, Ragmama said so.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see tomorrow TCM offers Dark Passage and The Fighting Sullivans among others while Sunday includes All About Eve and Breakfast at Tiffany's, a couple more that some folks like to catch now and then. And if you want to go back past classic there's 1925's Go West with Buster Keaton late Sunday night.

Reactions: Ragman