Why does a Sprinter put me to sleep

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remember back in the 80's when domestic V8s were making 190hp? Audi built this thing for Group B homologation and it was making 450hp in race trim.

Almost makes me want to buy a Quattro again for a project car. You can still see them under tarps throughout my area (almost, but not quite :D)

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Almost makes me want to buy a Quattro again for a project car. You can still see them under tarps throughout my area (almost, but not quite :D)
Current owner of an '01 Allroad Quattro. This thing is the most complicated, difficult to work on German exercise in unnecessary complexity ever concieved.

I love it. It's a station wagon with twin turbo and air suspension. What could possibly go wrong?

It's at work, languishing, front end in the service position (aka a thousand pieces), because Napa sent me the wrong a/c accumulator. That I paid air freight for. Idiots.

Reactions: brokcanadian

BIGTRAIN

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ya it contains lower amount but is such small place it could be dangerous .... So you shouldnt give advice like that Turtle... And even so if that's the problem ... (Black Death) it should be fixed because the injectors will be stuck and in there.... + plus why would u want to keep smelling it when u are idling.... Tctc
Oh geez , now you did it .......he's gonna ramble.......

Reactions: ntimevan

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
It's a good idea to pull that cover every 6 months or so and just look around. You want to look for Black Death and the amber colored beginnings of it, and also if you've got and puddles of fuel. The snaps that connect the fuel rail to the top of each injector can crack and will leak fuel. The old snaps are plastic, the new ones are metal.
I take my covers off and I leave them off.

Reactions: brokcanadian