The New FedEx CC Load Board

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was looking for other units as well. I checked every box and only see A-B units. I wanted to see what straight truck loads were paying and tractors. Thought about moving into a straight and it would have been nice to see exactly what I could make before I jumped. If I maintain what I'm doing now I'll be happy.

Reactions: CedarMike

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
For SE it's flat rate plus FSC. Even on the boards at least from what I've seen so 1.25 to 1.50 for D and E

Reactions: Pro3500

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
I did grab a load with 600 miles deadhead to Indiana off the LB and they did pay all the DH in the rate con so I was happy with that

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
While Diane and I have been off the road for a while now, we continue to be interested observers of the expediting industry. Recent chatter in this forum about the FedEx CC load board sparked my curiosity. It is out of simple curiosity that I ask these questions:

1. Is it true, as one expediter suggested, that FedEx is trying to become like Landstar?

2. In what ways does the FedEx CC load board differ from load boards that are publicly available to any driver who cares to pay the fee and access the board?

3. In what ways does the FeeEx CC load board differ from the Sylectus system?

4. To those of you who were with FedEx CC just before their load board was introduced and are using the board now, has it made any difference in your gross revenue?

5. In what ways, if any, has the new FedEx CC load board changed your relationship with the dispatch department?

6. In your opinion, why do you think FedEx CC brought this load board into use?

Eventually Custom Critical will be dispatching 100% of their loads including White Glove via the loadboard. For now its Surface Expedited only, all size units. Its first come first serve. If no one selects a load, then they dispatch loads the same as before. That happens when the critical time to make the pick up approaches. we can set preferences to be notified when a load is posted, based on the ;location of our truck or the destination if loaded. We set the preference based on miles to the pick up. It works great. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes as far as destination, or direction they want to go, so there's no trouble keeping busy. I'm much busier with this loadboard, and its better than dealing with a complicated point system as to who gets called first. Most likely, our competition will copy us. There's no fee. As far as the relationship with dispatchers its better. We don't contact them. The computer system determines down to the fraction of a second who accepts first, and the system contacts us itself. The dispatchers are spending more time with the customers, and posting the loads. Sylectus is for all carriers and drivers with their own authority. Our board is only for our drivers, and will always be that way. If we don't cover a load, then I guess Fedex will post it on Sylectus. Fedex started the load board as a tool to reduce turn over, because they knew nobody like their point system and how complicated and closed off it was to us. Finally after decades they got smart and went to a load board.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I'm an cargo van owner and I'm its only driver. I see all the B loads on the load board. Because I do that it doesn't make me an employee. Its my choice if I accept a load, not the company's.

CedarMike

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
I'm E Unit owner . I've got some loads off the board but they don't post all of them because I'll get offers that aren't on the board . I do like surfing ahead , just wish there was more capacity that I can see . Like I'm dropping in Ohio in Friday but I've only seen two loads the last few days out of Ohio . Although I do consider I'm not on it 24 7 so I might miss some that get snapped up . I like the fcfs over some algorithm based on dwell, <75 and dry runs

Reactions: Lawrence

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm E Unit owner . I've got some loads off the board but they don't post all of them because I'll get offers that aren't on the board . I do like surfing ahead , just wish there was more capacity that I can see . Like I'm dropping in Ohio in Friday but I've only seen two loads the last few days out of Ohio . Although I do consider I'm not on it 24 7 so I might miss some that get snapped up . I like the fcfs over some algorithm based on dwell, <75 and dry runs
Yeah not all loads are on the board. I still get them from the VRU robot while looking at the board and the load is not on there. Sometimes it is but not always. Until the load board becomes mandatory it will stay that way.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The load pictured, am I correct that it works out to $1.36 per mile for all miles driven?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
The load pictured, am I correct that it works out to $1.36 per mile for all miles driven?
That's what I came up with. And it's not too bad a rate considering what surface straight trucks are running for nowadays.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Yes sir, its a 600 lb load. Some may say that isnt enough pay, but I disagree. I'm back with a proven carrier that has the freight to help our business grow. Since the load board has came out our business income has increased 25% or more.

Last edited:
Reactions: CedarMike and Greg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes sir, its a 600 lb load. Some may say that isnt enough pay, but I disagree. I'm back with a proven carrier that the freight to help our business grow. Since the load board has came out our business income has increased 25% or more.
Great load...I am of the mind...If it fits MY budget, it ships....:)

Reactions: Bruno and fastman_1

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Please Put the notes in there so we all can see them not just the Dispatchers. Get excited about a load and find out no Reefers but its not in the notes we see. . Only in the Dispatchers notes. Also since a tool for us we E ought to be able to see and accept the D and C loads as well. HMM.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You don't want to see the notes dispatch has.
They may say save for an A list truck.
If you want to haul D freight you should spend the money to get a D unit !!!!!!!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Please Put the notes in there so we all can see them not just the Dispatchers. Get excited about a load and find out no Reefers but its not in the notes we see. . Only in the Dispatchers notes. Also since a tool for us we E ought to be able to see and accept the D and C loads as well. HMM.
IRT that is coming out in the future. You will be able to see all loads and accept the load at the contract rate for that size unit. So if you want to accept a D load it would be at $1.25 plus fsc.

jackdixon_2000

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I rarely check out the load board because the rates are quite a bit lower then if I just wait for a normal WG dispatch but if anyone is interested I noted the first 12 loads on the board 5 min ago. I will give the state to state miles and rate as an example. oh-on 307mi 700.14, va-md 101mi 373.15, sc-sc 76mi 273.36, wi-il 173mi 357.18, ny-pa 338mi 619.32, fl-va 744mi 1147.00, ny-ny 251mi 743.10 ok-co 651mi 991.26, tx-la 474mi 833.67, ny-nc 632mi 1112.73, nm-ca 914mi1352.06, ca-nv 564mi 879.88
I run solo in N Calif and try to stay in this area. I have run 2 loads off the load board in the past that paid decent.