February at Team Crossroads Express

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get some other weird stuff. All my doors have locked when I start the engine, and they've all unlocked when the engine is shut off. Until yesterday....

Now all but the driver's door locks/unlocks. The weird part is that, according to the manual, this new behavior is how it's supposed to work.

:arewealone:

Reactions: Murraycroexp

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
So who's going to win New Hampshire? Did you know all those independent voters walk into a polling site, declare which party they want to vote for and then after they vote they go back and undeclare and become independents again? Interesting!

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We made it home safe and sound...
Had a bad vibration at around 60 mph, at times you could barely hang onto the steering wheel...
Mechanic cant see us until tomorrow, hopefully it's not too serious.?.?.?

**Update**
Bad Ball Joints, which also caused to ruin my front tires (inside wear)....
Should be all fixed up by tomorrow afternoon....
New Ball Joints
Two new tires on the rear (rotating back tires to the front)
Front End Alignment
and Full Service

Should be back in service THURSDAY MORNING :)

Reactions: billg27

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
**Update**
Bad Ball Joints, which also caused to ruin my front tires (inside wear)....
Should be all fixed up by tomorrow afternoon....
New Ball Joints
Two new tires on the rear (rotating back tires to the front)
Front End Alignment
and Full Service

Should be back in service THURSDAY MORNING :)

I hope you didn't go to the same place that said everything was good just a couple months ago. They apparently didn't do a very good complete inspection job. And when my 2006 Express needed ball joints it only wobbled after hitting a sharp bump or pothole. Tires actually were wearing very good.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope you didn't go to the same place that said everything was good just a couple months ago. They apparently didn't do a very good complete inspection job. And when my 2006 Express needed ball joints it only wobbled after hitting a sharp bump or pothole. Tires actually were wearing very good.

Yes we did... But, I will say something about that tomorrow when we pick the TerraMaxx up...
With Ball Joints, their either good or bad (at least that's what I thought with my limited auto parts/ mechanical background)...
When we came back out on the road in December, we didn't notice any vibration...
It all started two weeks ago with a slight vibration, which we didn't think too much about it with the condition of roads we were running and loads we have hauled.... Until last week when we were going to move to a better freight location is when the "death wobble" occurred and we said, "Oh :censoredsign:e" somethings wrong!!!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes we did... But, I will say something about that tomorrow when we pick the TerraMaxx up...
With Ball Joints, their either good or bad (at least that's what I thought with my limited auto parts/ mechanical background)...
When we came back out on the road in December, we didn't notice any vibration...
It all started two weeks ago with a slight vibration, which we didn't think too much about it with the condition of roads we were running and loads we have hauled.... Until last week when we were going to move to a better freight location is when the "death wobble" occurred and we said, "Oh :censoredsign:e" somethings wrong!!!!

Way scary!!! I hear ya!! That's a poop-inducing feeling!!! Not to be taken lightly!!
Glad it seems narrowed down to that!

Reactions: hazmat

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Howdy Gang,

Thought I would give everyone an update as I reach the 3 month mark since my fender bender..
and dislocating and fracturing my right hip.... this week I started walking with OUT my walker ( short walks)..and now using my cane..for short trips to the bathroom and kitchen..pain is pretty much gone..
been in physical therapy for a month or so which really helps ...its all looking real good...
still awhile (early summer + - ) for returning to work..
Did not break my heart to sit out this winter and watch it snow from my recliner!

Be safe...KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toby