February 2016 locations

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
So my GPS has gotten me lost several times this week and routed me ways that don't even remotely make sense. Like right now on I64 in Virginia the thing doesn't recognize the road as existing. I wasted $150 on this piece of crap product. It doesn't make sense

That's got to be VERY frustrating in a semi. I wanted to throw my Garmin out the window a 1/2 dozen times. And I'm a Garmin advocate. LOL!

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So my GPS has gotten me lost several times this week and routed me ways that don't even remotely make sense. Like right now on I64 in Virginia the thing doesn't recognize the road as existing. I wasted $150 on this piece of crap product. It doesn't make sense
thats why i use google maps continuously on my Droid, unless you an 18 wheeler driver? Just continually keep it charged is all, lol

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Do you have an atlas? If not, get one and double check what the gps says.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
That's got to be VERY frustrating in a semi. I wanted to throw my Garmin out the window a 1/2 dozen times. And I'm a Garmin advocate. LOL!
Right now I'm ON I64 trying to go to Dayton Ohio. It's wanting me to either go down to Knoxville Tennessee or up to almost Washington! Wtf apparently I missed when interstates 64 75 77 and 79 disaFREAKINGppeared from the earth because I can go a number of ways with them that cuts hours off. I should've bought the Garmin it's what I had in my van because this rand McNally isn't worth rest area toilet paper

Reactions: ntimevan

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
thats why i use google maps continuously on my Droid, unless you an 18 wheeler driver? Just continually keep it charged is all, lol
I always compare the route with what my iPhone says in case it does some stupidness like this but it's every time I go anywhere it does this so its router is broken.

And incase anyone says change my settings I have multiple times and it does the exact same

Reactions: Tim Xpedites

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Right now I'm ON I64 trying to go to Dayton Ohio. It's wanting me to either go down to Knoxville Tennessee or up to almost Washington! Wtf apparently I missed when interstates 64 75 77 and 79 disaFREAKINGppeared from the earth because I can go a number of ways with them that cuts hours off. I should've bought the Garmin it's what I had in my van because this rand McNally isn't worth rest area toilet paper

Done that drive a time or two.
Is it trying to avoid the WV tolls? But Knoxville?????

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do I have the one they sell at truck stops the rand McNally 2016 edition. If I hadn't compared routes I'd have somehow turn 336 loaded miles into 649 travelled miles
Check your GPS settings. You might have certain preferences set up , like avoid toll roads, prefer interstates, or avoid unpaved roads, etc.

TDave

Expert Expediter
I always compare the route with what my iPhone says in case it does some stupidness like this but it's every time I go anywhere it does this so its router is broken.

And incase anyone says change my settings I have multiple times and it does the exact same

Have you updated the maps and software on line?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Are you concerned with long runs driving straight through with no sleep? Worried about the potential dangers and risks involved? Need not worry any longer. I have created the most effective, long-lasting, and healthy proprietary blend of liquid IV drip. It is full of vitamins and nutrients. Do you find yourself falling asleep at the wheel ? does the road start to look blurry? Worry we no longer. For today only I will provide you the 500 milliliter bag, stint, mounting hardware,and tubing. In addition you get a one month supply of my own proprietary blend of getty up and go, all for the low low price $ 45.95.
But, is it low carb, sugar free?

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Check your GPS settings. You might have certain preferences set up , like avoid toll roads, prefer interstates, or avoid unpaved roads, etc.
I have and I changed them all several times but just never would route me thru 64,77,79 until I finally told it to take me where averitt wants me to fuel which is the pilot in nitro WV. Now it acknowledges those roads exist lol

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Have you updated the maps and software on line?
What I didn't know when I bought this one is it does not have map updates. The software might I don't honestly know but I might be able to pay for an update which I'm willing to do if that fixes the issues and keeps me from having to buy another GPS. But if I do buy another one in going back Garmin

TDave

Expert Expediter
What I didn't know when I bought this one is it does not have map updates. The software might I don't honestly know but I might be able to pay for an update which I'm willing to do if that fixes the issues and keeps me from having to buy another GPS. But if I do buy another one in going back Garmin

Software updates are free the map updates are the ones that cost. I've used both personally I like the rand better.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Software updates are free the map updates are the ones that cost. I've used both personally I like the rand better.
Then ill check it out this weekend when I get home because this sucks it doing the dangest things its cost me lots of time this week

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Nothing like running a "mini" for the mini rate, and finding out the load paid almost 3 times what I made, and it wasn't like it went thru a broker, was a direct customer. I found OVM'S nickle...

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Some GPS manufacturers take kickbacks from privately-held roads, and toll road authorities. They will continuously reroute you to a toll road. I would not ever make an electronic purchase at any truck stop for that matter no Cb no GPS. No TV or VCR antennas dishes wiring

Reactions: NorthernBill

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cleaned the driveway before 10 am ... road grader went by 15 minutes later ... went to County courthouse and renewed PM plates ... roads and visibilty still not the Best ... went back in service ... took an Expeditor Nap .... no load calls ... but i am good with that ... at home in Iowa ....:D