US Navy
02/12/16 will be at ceva 13 years, they are great company ,
They take of there people and drivers
While I was out they check to see how are you doing
Once away week

M. Moy

New Recruit
Researching
I been looking for a great company to make a career with. I know no company is perfect but I believe you, @ geo . 13 yrs with a company they must be treating you well.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
they treat you like family in Richmond va

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if your in Richmond va area there not putting anymore units on right now

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We're at ceva's Dock waiting to unload in the morning. So awesome they've been so good to you. Rare trait in a company.

Reactions: M. Moy

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
drive a sprinter van and run local, whole state of Va , eastern shore, outer banks, nc, dc , points north, some south

Majid

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
drive a sprinter van and run local, whole state of Va , eastern shore, outer banks, nc, dc , points north, some south
We Have Ceva here in Grand Rapids MI. I'm thinking of joining Ceva as an owner operator want to do local. Whats best to own or lease Sprinter or Cargo Van? Also hows the pay structure?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We Have Ceva here in Grand Rapids MI. I'm thinking of joining Ceva as an owner operator want to do local. Whats best to own or lease Sprinter or Cargo Van? Also hows the pay structure?
If I remember correctly, cargo vans got paid 60% of load plus fsc, hand unload, inside delivery, detention time, trash removal and a few others I can't think of right now. If you read some of Geo's posts about Ceva regarding load pay you can see why the rates he got paid are not made up. That was for out of town deliveries. For in town was similar but no mileage. Everything was broken down in delivery areas at set rates. The farther you went away from home base the more you made.
Straight trucks and tt got a higher % like 65% and I think tt got 70% if not mistaken. It's been15 yrs since I worked for them which at that they were called EGL. Geo will let us know what is right.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
We Have Ceva here in Grand Rapids MI.
Hmmmm I didn't know this. I have always enjoyed going to Ceva terminals no matter where they are. Now ya got me wondering if they need/have a straight truck connection/work for mid Michigan and Ohio. How big of a terminal is Grand Rapids? Any idea?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmmm I didn't know this. I have always enjoyed going to Ceva terminals no matter where they are. Now ya got me wondering if they need/have a straight truck connection/work for mid Michigan and Ohio. How big of a terminal is Grand Rapids? Any idea?
I know when I worked for them out the DTW terminal, I used to go to the Grand Rapids area in a straight truck almost every Monday with deliveries and they were just in the early phases of forming the GRR terminal. I think they opened a year later around 2001 after I left.

Reactions: Slo-Ride

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
65 per cent for each item
To day had 6 stop's 366 miles
1 item was mileage