February 2016 locations

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Made it to my consignee with 2 minutes of drive time remaining and they don't allow parking. Gotta hope I can get a safe haven move if not I'm SOL lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Awesome?! Dedicated!?
No. The word is not awesome or dedicated the word is stupid. And it's stupid on several levels. Not only did you allow yourself to put your life and the lives of others on the road in danger, but if you ever get into an accident that injures or kills someone, a lawyer will pull that YouTube video to prove the customer, carrier and broker are all culpable for a pattern of recklessness.

All I did was a solid for someone one time, not a habit I do regularly. cheers!
The only thing solid was how they took advantage of you, unless by "begging you with everything they had" included an extra thousand dollars or the load was a beating heart inside an Igloo cooler, you were hoodwinked.

If you don't learn anything in this business, the one thing you must learn is, never do favors for someone who is not in the position to return them. Brokers and dispatchers are not in the position to return them.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
About 8 more hours of White-out conditions here in North Central Iowa .... just lucky yesterdays warm up put a crust on the piles of snow from last week .. only 1 inch of new side-ways snow ....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Murray just woke me up with another Shorty
Just took myself out of service .... got called about load picking up in NW Iowa going to SE Iowa .. around 380 pm ... i said no thanks ... Some state hwys have been closed for over 4 hours ... stranded vehicles sitting on them ... Safety before $$$$$ .... :D
Update ..... 90 mile stretch of Interstate 35 closed now..

Last edited:

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No. The word is not awesome or dedicated the word is stupid. And it's stupid on several levels. Not only did you allow yourself to put your life and the lives of others on the road in danger, but if you ever get into an accident that injures or kills someone, a lawyer will pull that YouTube video to prove the customer, carrier and broker are all culpable for a pattern of recklessness.

The only thing solid was how they took advantage of you, unless by "begging you with everything they had" included an extra thousand dollars or the load was a beating heart inside an Igloo cooler, you were hoodwinked.

If you don't learn anything in this business, the one thing you must learn is, never do favors for someone who is not in the position to return them. Brokers and dispatchers are not in the position to return them.
As he mentioned it's not a habit or any kind of regular occurrence yet you choose to judge/belittle. Try to read posts such as that one with the trust that he isn't going to drive unsafe and put anyone at risk. If you choose to not do runs that are tight on time that's your choice. Should I tell you you're old and incapable of driving without 12 hours of sleep!? Do I call u a name like sissy since you chose to call what he did stupid!? I've stayed away from EO for a couple of years now because of guys like you, Turtle. We come in here to socialize with other expediters and keep each other company or help them in any way to improve life on the road. You couldn't had just replied "hope you was safe" or "that's a tight one". No, you had to be OPINIONATED in your reply. If you felt he was unsafe try talking to him or gaining a bit more info. You chose to judge and label. Relax and be helpful and maybe we could enjoy this forum more. I know the little "click" of yours that you've got a history with will attack but idc and I'm here for any and all discussions. I want to get along and enjoy so please don't get the wrong impression. Try to process what I wrote and try to be objective. Thank you.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just took myself out of service .... got called about load picking up in NW Iowa going to SE Iowa .. around 380 pm ... i said no thanks ... Some state hwys have been closed for over 4 hours ... stranded vehicles sitting on them ... Safety before $$$$$ .... :D
Update ..... 90 mile stretch of Interstate 35 closed now..
yes Grandpa.....be careful out there.....:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As he mentioned it's not a habit or any kind of regular occurrence yet you choose to judge/belittle.
Correct.
Try to read posts such as that one with the trust that he isn't going to drive unsafe and put anyone at risk.
Why? Physics and biology say that what he did was unsafe and that it put everyone on the road around him at risk.
If you choose to not do runs that are tight on time that's your choice. Should I tell you you're old and incapable of driving without 12 hours of sleep!?
You could, I suppose, but (a) you'd be wrong, and (b) you'd be creating a straw man by changing the parameters from 28 hours straight to 12 hours of sleep. Doing such a thing makes no sense and is a waste of time.
Do I call u a name like sissy since you chose to call what he did stupid!?
If you want to disagree with what I SAY, and even call what I say names, that's fine, but that doesn't mean you get to call me names. That's what you got suspended for in the past, remember?
I've stayed away from EO for a couple of years now because of guys like you, Turtle.
Ah, yes, the other Moderators and Administrators who gave you multiple Warnings and finally a Suspension because of all of your Code of Conduct violations. Your very first post back after your suspension included Merry Christmas wishes of, "this site is worthless and full of people that turn theur [sic] noses up to anyone that isn't part of the reg bunch that posts on here," so it would appear that you haven't matured at all and you're definitely still complaining about the same ol' crap.
We come in here to socialize with other expediters and keep each other company or help them in any way to improve life on the road. You couldn't had just replied "hope you was safe" or "that's a tight one". No, you had to be OPINIONATED in your reply.
Well, "hope you was safe" (grammar notwithstanding) is an opinion, as is "that's a tight one." I simply gave my own opinion, rather than yours. Mine is far more likely to improve life on the road and keep people alive. That's also my opinion, and you're more than welcome to disagree with it.
If you felt he was unsafe try talking to him or gaining a bit more info.
I did gain a bit more info. Quite a bit, actually. I watched his video where he recounted the trip, and told the tale of how how it was a "mind-staking, mind-altering event" and "pretty hard core." And it wasn't like he was prepared for it (hadn't had any sleep the previous 2 or 3 nights, either) or used it as, as "This one was a killer on me. I ain't done this in many, many years." And even a good night's sleep in a motel he still had a "little glaze, [his] mind was still a little fuzzy." If his eyes were still glazed and his mind was still a little fuzzy after 9 hours of sleep and some breakfast, it doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider what his reaction times were like 12-18 hours earlier

The worst part was, "It wasn't something I chose or it isn't like I could turn it down, I was already in route with it. It just turned into what it was, man. You have that. So just realize, you get in this business you're gonna have runs like that. It's unfortunate." He's dead wrong on all counts. He did choose to do it, he could have turned it down, and you don't just "have that" in this business. The only time you have that in this business is when you choose to be taken advantage of. And dispatchers and brokers will do it all the time to people who don't know any better.
You chose to judge and label.
Correct again.
Relax and be helpful and maybe we could enjoy this forum more. I know the little "click" of yours that you've got a history with will attack but idc and I'm here for any and all discussions. I want to get along and enjoy so please don't get the wrong impression. Try to process what I wrote and try to be objective. Thank you.
Others may disagree, but I feel like I am helpful and objective, but I am also honest. Newbies come into this business with all kinds of misconceptions most of it based on ignorance, and they will make astoundingly stupid decisions accordingly. Driving 28 hours non-stop is just butt-stoopid, as is doing favors for someone who can't pay them back. Avoiding those simple facts, not talking about them, not being honest about them, it isn't being helpful, it's irresponsible.