February in Load 1 Nation

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think I am in the minority and not sure I have much sway any more. Rates and revenue are down yet we try and throw more and more at sales. Ughhhh

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok well with the follow up message hopefully it made sense to everyone. We try to communicate when other carriers won't even answer their phones

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't let this be you...

Picked up some grub for the big game before getting home at Walmart. This Walmart has a traffic light to turn right to exit. Street traffic is traveling at +50 mph.

I pulled up to the red light behind two cars. The person in the car in front of me pulls out a huge phone and starts flipping through screens.

My first thought is great another distracted driver that will be sitting at the light when it turns green.

The car in front of him pulls out and turns, and to my surprise he looks up to see the car pulling out onto the street, puts down the phone and does the same. No problem, right?

Problem was the light was still red. The driver in front of him was pulling out onto a one-way 3 lane road. The 2nd driver assuming the light was green, just pulls out into oncoming traffic and by a hair misses getting T-boned right in front of me.

We see stuff like this everyday, with distracted drivers and their phones. Just a reminder that there is no good time to be on a phone while operating a vehicle, even if your not moving.

Be safe out there.