Determining MPG on a Freightliner M2112

MDNewgent

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
We recently purchased an 09 Freightliner M2112. How do we view on the display what the MPG is? And how do we reset it for each trip?

Our display shows the truck mileage, volts, trip miles and trip hours. It also shows a SELECT screen, but cannot figure out how to select/view any options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Safe travels to all.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We recently purchased an 09 Freightliner M2112. How do we view on the display what the MPG is? And how do we reset it for each trip?

Our display shows the truck mileage, volts, trip miles and trip hours. It also shows a SELECT screen, but cannot figure out how to select/view any options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Safe travels to all.
Im allways fueled before start of trip,i fuel when im empty and then I do the math old school but I did it for 4 yrs so Ive hauled light and heavy I run the speed limit and it still the same tody 6 yrs in the same truck never changes when it does ,oil chang with all filters works for me.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You'll only get accurate mpg doing it the old fashioned way, or getting Jethro to do the guzintas and cipher it for you. That said, if your dash display has an mpg option, you can reset it and compare it to the real numbers from Jethro every time you fill for a couple dozen fills. Then you'll get a pretty good idea of how to adjust what it says to know the truth. I have no idea if that model does it though or how to work it. Good luckl

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Guzintas and ciphering are best done by the cement pond, unless it is raining. Then you can do them at the fancy eating table.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The dash display showing your fuel mileage numbers may be accurate, but the only way to know for sure is to check the number of gallons pumped into the tank against the actual amount of miles driven. So too with any computer printout from the ECM. When making such checks, , be sure to also check the accuracy of your odometer. Use the mile markers on the interstate to compare your distance traveled against what the odometer shows. Note that tire size, and even tire wear (tread depth) can skew what your odometer is telling you.

Because so many factors affect fuel economy (headwinds, terrain, outside air temp, many more), it is best to calculate your fuel economy over long periods of time and multiple trips to get a true sense of what your true numbers are.