What's the excuse?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
After a holiday weekend of 4 days you would think there is freight to ship and get off the docks orders to fill blah blah blah
It's almost 1300 hrs now having placed bids long and short and more than 24 in the last 5 hrs and not a single bite ? One source tell me there is nothing real and it's just people asking for quotes , I find this very hard to swallow! The only job I got was cancelled cause the broker / pimp wasn't registered with their factoring co. This is frustrating me .
What's your excuse?
Oh and this is st8 truck loads not vans or sprinters .

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Imagine how your dispatcher feels bidding on all of those loads and then losing them. He put in all of that work for nothing as well. It can equally as frustrating on he dispatch side as it is sitting in the drivers seat.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
This is the expedite biz expedite means right away not 5 hrs later , I just heard back from the pimps and seems both now have got jobs approved from early this morning for tonight. You would think it wouldn't take anywhere near that long for an answer but then again some people wait on hold for hours. How can they run a service without providing service to their customers? So now they both have to decline the offers and start from scratch looking for trucks you'd think they would wise up ! Nooooooo

I'm sure they get frustrated as much as me, but then again they have driver all over so it's no big deal where we have to sit on our hands and just wait it out !ide time makes my head hurt I'm going back to sleep now since I've been starring at my phone app since 07.30 looking and doing their jobs!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
This is the expedite biz expedite means right away not 5 hrs later , I just heard back from the pimps and seems both now have got jobs approved from early this morning for tonight. You would think it wouldn't take anywhere near that long for an answer but then again some people wait on hold for hours. How can they run a service without providing service to their customers? So now they both have to decline the offers and start from scratch looking for trucks you'd think they would wise up ! Nooooooo

I'm sure they get frustrated as much as me, but then again they have driver all over so it's no big deal where we have to sit on our hands and just wait it out !ide time makes my head hurt I'm going back to sleep now since I've been starring at my phone app since 07.30 looking and doing their jobs!

Come on Tknight, you know why it takes so long after being in the business this long. They bid as early as they can so they have time to get the most economical solution to their logistical problem. That is the nice way to put it !! LOL

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Which is one. Reason I sometimes tell Em nope after they strung me along all day, I know I'm mean
I so dislike being the last choice! Kinda like being the last kid picked for baseball

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well now it seems broker x needs to learn math .... Wasted almost 3 hrs and 100 miles of deadhead to get the look in the headlights of " this won't fit go away we ordered a big st8 truck. " well I'm sorry you can't fit 4@ 110x94x73 crates into my truck even if I supply the chain saw and anal lube!
It just won't fit! So after an hour of convincing them it won't go and they owe me all that deadhead I left grumpier than I was Monday
I rest my case these people are stupid , not my pimp who is pissed off as well but this is a name brand broker/carrier of real (supposedly) intellect
Name withheld to protect the guilty.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I was informed its slow. Slowest been since 2009. All you Fare Weather Drivers Teams Go Home and Stay there let the Real Truckers do the work You Seasonal Driving is done for the Year. We Are Starving. I here there is A Big Steak Dinner Party In OHIO. On My Way!

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Wasted almost 3 hrs and 100 miles of deadhead to get the look in the headlights of " this won't fit go away we ordered a big st8 truck. " well I'm sorry you can't fit 4@ 110x94x73 crates into my truck even if I supply the chain saw and anal lube!

Next time, I suggest using some visual aids. Have him grab a shoe-box and 4 @ 1/2 gallon cartons of milk. Now have him fit the 4 milk cartons in the shoe box (can't pour milk into shoe box) without bending any thing. Tada ! :dash2:

Reactions: TDave

tattoo

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Doesn't seem that slow here had 3 calls while OOS at home (florida) for the holidays and got a 1200 miler booked for the am when i come back in service.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had to turn down a run last night. Reason: I was in no condition to be on the road and I knew it.

Feeling better today, but last night--- not happening.

Reactions: paulnstef39

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I bid on a load one afternoon and didn't get an email back until the next morning that we won the bid lol. Some of these brokers are ridiculous. Then the will get mad at you if your truck is not available 15 hours after you place the bid. One load, the load board sat on the bid for three hours and then my driver couldn't reach the shipper until the place would have been closed and they tried to penalize us. It doesn't work that way. I had to add a disclaimer on all of my bids that the bid is only good for 15 minutes after the time the bid has been submitted. I did that just to cover my rear end.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Always count to 10 breathe deep don't feel stressed out the sun will come up
tomorrow does that help? ok never mind don't get road rage at least...lol
hang In there expediting can make anyone feel like they are going to snap :rolleyes:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Well today I literally ran out of hours on a 280 mile drive cause of 3 hrs waiting on the contract and another 2 dh back roads to get to tiffin by noon for pickup which papers didn't show till almost 1300 loaded at 1500 and drove to the receiver then waited till 3 Ed shift deceived it was time to work!my clock ran dry at 20:00 sheesh first time in a shoe I had to fudge
Oh yea and the headache from early this morning ate time too!