Question about storing meds in the van?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I want to know if any of you guys have to take medication with you on the road? If you do, how do you store it in the van? For those of you who do not have a refrigerator, how do you keep your meds cool in the hot weather? I read that even a few minutes in a hot car can severely affect the potency of most medication. I have been trying to figure out how to maintain my meds when I drive again next year. The only thing I can come up with is to keep them in an igloo cooler with ice. I will have to change out the ice every three days though which will be a hassle. Any ideas, tips, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not sure about that when I used a cooler and ice for food many times it was ruined just because of moisture not water itself. I could see it messing up pills quickly. You don't really need to keep it cold just don't want it super hot. Maybe just a small size DC cooler like the Coleman but smaller would be a better option. They make some pretty small console type ones.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That sounds like a good idea. A small cooler would be good. I only really worry about the blood thinners getting messed up. Those are the important meds. Thanks for the advice!

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
I would suggest that you get a cooler with a dual compartment to put ice so it will not touch product. I think cooleman has them