Syrian refugees

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most white supremacists in fact practice an offshoot of Odinism that emphasizes certain elements (magic being one of then) of pre-Christian European polytheism, which is rapidly gaining popularity among young, urban white supremacists who reject the Christian aspects of other theologies.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's a common underlying theme that you've conveniently missed, sprinkled among the words of many of these people.
For example:
In 2011 David Pedersen and Holly Grigsby killed four people in a multi-state killing spree. The indictment alleged that the two along with others were members of a criminal enterprise whose purposes included “promoting and advancing a white supremacist movement to ‘purify’ and ‘preserve’ the white race and ‘reclaim our country’ and culture through acts of murder on the basis of race, color, religion, and perceived ‘degenerate’ conduct.”

Of course it doesn't just come out and say "He's a Christian"! A majority of people in this country are Christian and are very, very quick to distance themselves from anyone who acts poorly.

On a different note:
I believe a right wing extremist shot up a Planned Parenthood today, but ironically some on here will soon be extolling his virtues.
Again you offered the link as proof the page doesn't say Christian you did. I actually thought yea maybe it's possible but wanted some proof.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have read many of them, not all certainly. Some white supremacists are indeed Christians, some are not. Some are right wing, some are not. White Supremacy in and of itself is neither left (liberal) or right (conservative), it is its own wing (radical control).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they even remotely are.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they even remotely are.
In all fairness, it's pretty easy to be a Christian. Almost anyone can. You just have to believe in Jesus Christ. Since it's nearly universally agreed upon by historians and religious scholars that he did, in fact, exist, it's an easy claim to make.

It only gets messy when Christians start judging (thus thou) other Christians as to whether they are the right kind of Christian, or Christian enough to suit, or are true blue, genuine and authentic. Since Christians really and truly run the gamut from "not even remotely" to the genuine "true Christian" that means they're all Christian.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
In all fairness, it's pretty easy to be a Christian. Almost anyone can. You just have to believe in Jesus Christ. Since it's nearly universally agreed upon by historians and religious scholars that he did, in fact, exist, it's an easy claim to make.

It only gets messy when Christians start judging (thus thou) other Christians as to whether they are the right kind of Christian, or Christian enough to suit, or are true blue, genuine and authentic. Since Christians really and truly run the gamut from "not even remotely" to the genuine "true Christian" that means they're all Christian.
not to mention, some christians are "backsliders", "hypocrites", "cino (christian in name only)", ...lol

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
There is hardly a metric to gauge the accuracy of this comment. Are you a sinner? Do you recognize that Jesus died for your sins? Well, welcome to a club that includes both the righteous and mass murderers.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly what group doesn't include those people? Seems lie a lot of people who don't consider themselves Christian can be pretty self righteous and there is no doubt there is some mass murderers among them. The bigger a group the more knuckleheads you will find in it. There is some merit in the old law of averages.

Reactions: Turtle

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Exactly what group doesn't include those people? Seems lie a lot of people who don't consider themselves Christian can be pretty self righteous and there is no doubt there is some mass murderers among them. The bigger a group the more knuckleheads you will find in it. There is some merit in the old law of averages.
I had responded to LDB's quote "Just because someone claims to be a Christian doesn't mean they even remotely are."

This tactic doesn't hold water (according to the Bible, anyway).

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know some people claim it says you must be born again. I don't agree with Leo on many things but that one I might.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I don't know some people claim it says you must be born again. I don't agree with Leo on many things but that one I might.
So can a born-again Christian do something heinous and still be given Salvation? Is it up to man to judge? If not, why does man continue to judge things that are up to God to judge?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know why do people want to judge and lump people into groups. Some christians, muslums,swift drivers are bad so most must be. The whole thing from every side just rubs me wrong.

Reactions: TDave and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did you know that over the 48 hours immediately following the shooting, the #3 search term on Google was "planned parenthood shooter Christian' ?

And isn't that hilariously pathetic. He was immediately labeled, in fine liberal knee jerk fashion, a "White Christian Terrorist" without so much as a shred of proof. Even before the 6 hour standoff had ended, he was reported as being “Christian,” “pro-lifer,” and “Republican,” despite the fact that the only thing known about him was that he was white. There's your abomination, right there.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
According to his ex-wife, he was Baptist and a firm believer.
Actually, according to his wife, he was raised in the Baptist Church. [so was I, so that doesn't mean much] She said "he was religious but not a regular churchgoer, not one to harp on his faith. He believed wholeheartedly in the Bible. That’s what he always said, he read it cover to cover. But he wasn’t fixated on it," she added.

So "firm" is a matter of conjecture. And everything she said was about him from more than 15 years ago.

In any case, there's no indication from anyone who has known him in the last 15 that he was religious, political, or sane.