It's a Team's Life Please Stop Calling Me!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That certainly works. With the app, though, it will automatically block known spam, scam and fraud numbers,as well as callers you specify. You can even set it so that it doesn't even notify you when it happens. Like I said, gnarly. One thing I really like about it is that it IDs the new Nations Express numbers almost without fail.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The false assumption in the blog post that started this thread is that you somehow matter to the people making the calls or that you can somehow affect their behavior by engaging them. These telemarketers are paid professionals who begin their day with a list of hundreds of numbers to call. The reason they hang up quickly when you start asking questions is that they have easier prey to hunt. You are nothing to them. If your questions signal them that you will be a waste of time, they will dismiss you as a loser and move quickly on to find a winning call. They don't care what your questions are. They care only about finding the quick and easy sale.

Having a published business number, we get these calls all the time. The frequency of the calls has significantly declined as we use the following technique: (1) if it is a robo-call, let the message play and choose the opt-out option when it is presented. (2) if it is a live call, interrupt the person as soon as you can and tell him or her to place you on their do-not call list. (3) place your phone number on the do not call list the government runs.

Our staff is trained to deal with these calls in this way. That standardized procedure is a time saver that also neutralizes any energy that might otherwise be given to thinking about these calls or spending more time with them than necessary. Expediters do not have staff members working for them but the same principle applies. There are better things to spend your time and energy on than these calls. Dismiss them in as efficient way as you can and focus your time and mind on things more productive.

You are not important to the telemarketers. Don't make them important to you by dwelling on them. They forget about you the instant you tell them to not call. Forget about them the same way.

Reactions: tattoo