It's a Team's Life Please Stop Calling Me!

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Calls from people wanting to sell us something is enough is irritating to say the least.

Sitting here today, I was enjoying a nice calm afternoon when my phone rang. My first thought was, who would be calling me at this time, maybe an agent with a load, awesome. Alas, it was an automated telemarketer. I'm not sure how many of this type of calls I get a week, but I'm going to guess 15 to 20.

It is truly a disappointment when it is automated and I can't give the caller a hard time. I have found if you start asking them questions and won't let them get on with their script until they answer your question they will hang up.

READ MORE...

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Sometimes it's the only amusing entertainment I get while driving ! I like messing with them get Em all excited , waste thei time and let Em think you interested, string Em along then say to the gas sales people that you don't even use gas!!!

Reactions: Lawrence

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I have my phone on the National Do Not Call list. Very rarely ever get a call and usually only once when I inform the caller that it is on the registry.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Bob's phone is on the National Do the Call List and he still gets those calls at least two a day. I hope maybe they will slow down. Bob gets wound up talking to them and that is what bothers me. If stayed calm it would be another thing.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If I don't recognize the number, already have it in my phone or am not expecting a certain call I don't answer at all, ever. I hardly ever get a marketing call.

Last edited:
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe calling back to "opt out", just verifies that it is a good working number that they can call again AND sell your "verified working number" to others to call. Just my opinion, but those that I know who call back, seem to get more calls.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Being leased to Landstar we get a lot of calls from number we do not recognize and they are usually agents offering us a load so not answering the phone is not an option.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being leased to Landstar we get a lot of calls from number we do not recognize and they are usually agents offering us a load so not answering the phone is not an option.
Same here. Not answering is NOT an option, but when I call back and it is automated telemarketing, I just hang up.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Exactly Roamin and then I block that number! I made the mistake of researching health care providers as our current insurance is ending this year. Wow did that open the flood gates of calls and I started filling out the form to find insurance and did not submit it and yet they still captured my info. We cannot do anything till November to find a replacement insurance but those people were like vultures...

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It seems like insurance companies, financial institutions and charities( some, not all) are the worst about selling your info.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If you've ever made a political donation - you have subjected yourself to years of unsolicited calls from like-minded orgainzations. :blackeye: :spam: :rage: :hungover:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you've ever made a political donation - you have subjected yourself to years of unsolicited calls from like-minded orgainzations. :blackeye: :spam: :rage: :hungover:
I guess those politicians will get nothing more from me.
(Like I have to give)

S

Sfsafds

I hope maybe they will slow down. Bob gets wound up talking to them and that is what bothers me.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
I use to give to the local police and fire dept money every year. Well I stop that and once a year I get those calls from them:(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I hate those calls too, but I can't bring myself to harass someone who is just trying to make a living. I think Linda's solution is probably the most effective: block the numbers when they call. When they call again from a different number, block that one too. It's a PITA, but if there's a better way, I'm listening - long as you don't call me, lol. ;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder if this is how dock workers feel when we show up at break time?

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
As iPhone owners we have the great feature to block calls from these numbers. It has taken a few months to get them blocked but they are fewer and farther between now.

Reactions: TeamCaffee