Cargo Van Anyone in Chicago?

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
^^Not as bad as Madison and pulaski. Madison and karlov that's true west side. Kedzie and ohio....

This a dangerous area tho. I lived in humbolt park for some time and on the south side 47 and Ashland for a while...

but I am glad QC came back on. Time to hire new driver.

Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
but I am glad QC came back on. Time to hire new driver.
He was supposed to return the truck on Monday, but since he claimed that he doesn't have money for fuel, I gave him the opportunity to get a load that'll bring him to Ohio. He screwed that opp.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
UPDATE: He's no longer on that spot, but still in Chicago area (Evanston for now).

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
UPDATE: He's back on the same spot... I'm losing my patience with this person...

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
WTH? No way, does he just not have money for fuel to bring your truck back to ohio? or did he actually abandon the van there this time.

I would be getting authorities involved asap!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
WTH? No way, does he just not have money for fuel to bring your truck back to ohio? or did he actually abandon the van there this time.

I would be getting authorities involved asap!
He got his paycheck yesterday, so he cannot involve the subject "money". And yes, I'm going right now to the police station.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Quickie note for all of you little-leagers. If you're driving somebody else's vehicle and you decide to take off on unauthorized excursions-- and particularly to bad neighborhoods-- that's grand-theft and you'll go to the slammer when you get caught. Be aware that a lot of fleet owners have tracking devices on their vehicles--- and the ones that don't are reading threads like this one and beginning to equip their vehicles with tracking devices. Steal the vehicles--- you will get caught. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Reactions: Opel2010

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have never seen a driver arrested for riding around in someone's van before. If this was a serious crime, we wouldn't be reading about drivers disappearing with vehicles all of the time. That is why you have to have 1000-1500 dollars in escrow from the driver, or you make your driver get a 1500 dollar bond from his bank. When the driver does not have any skin in the game, they will do all sorts of crazy stuff to your equipment. Also, to those who say he won't get hired again after doing this. There is no DAC system for cargo van drivers. As the poster of this thread stated above, that the company warned him that he has disconnected the QC before, on other fleet owners trucks to run his own loads. This shows that the driver in question has been doing this sort of thing to fleet owners for a long time. He will more than likely do this type of thing again. I hope you get your truck back.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have never seen a driver arrested for riding around in someone's van before. If this was a serious crime, we wouldn't be reading about drivers disappearing with vehicles all of the time.
That's because, contrary to popular belief, it's not grand theft auto after you've voluntarily given them the keys and the truck. :eggonface:

Reactions: GrassHopperr

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My view would be if you are a van owner charge the UPFRONT deposit/escrow....just don't take the first driver that comes along....you get what you get like that...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No, Seriously.
Once the demand to return the vehicle has been made, isn,t the failure to do so, some sort of infraction?
Like?....there is no theft...you must show intent on that....they just didn't return the van and are driving it with no permission....remember YOU gave them the keys...

BTW..joyriding is an infraction

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like?....there is no theft...you must show intent on that....they just didn't return the van and are driving it with no permission....remember YOU gave them the keys...

BTW..joyriding is an infraction
OK, so it's not theft, but there must be some sort of legal action that can be taken against the driver.

As always, IMHO!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
yeah....Joyriding....

I would cancel the insurance and cancel the plates....if it did get pulled over they have to impound it right there....
Cancel the insurance. That would be nuts what if they got in an accident? The owner would be screwed!