October Locations And Other Chit Chat

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Got back from cruise on monday, test drove a promaster yesterday, got call today that one with a few of the options I preferred was available. 2016 Dodge Promaster 159" wb, 140" cargo length (4000 lb cargo capacity without driver and stuff ) Gas, after OOIDA affiliate discount (1% below factory invoice, saved about $2200, with tax title etc $38k) probably put $10k down, payments of 500 per month...seems doable...whatcha think?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Got back from cruise on monday, test drove a promaster yesterday, got call today that one with a few of the options I preferred was available. 2016 Dodge Promaster 159" wb, 140" cargo length (4000 lb cargo capacity without driver and stuff ) Gas, after OOIDA affiliate discount (1% below factory invoice, saved about $2200, with tax title etc $38k) probably put $10k down, payments of 500 per month...seems doable...whatcha think?
High top roof? 1 ton rated @ 9500 GVW? Price is fair. Can you put more down to get payment below $400. As you know, 5 years from now it may have 500k miles so you should try to pay it off more quickly. Just an old man's opinion

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get the 3500 series with 159 inch cargo length .... IMO..
Almost forgot throw that 4000 lb. Cargo capacity out the window ... save yourself repairs and stick with 3250 lbs. or less...

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stopped at the loves in Richmond KY. There's a Roadrunner Promaster here, is that anyone on EO?

I found them H/W team out of battle creek driving for a fleet owner, Newbies only be out here 7 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Get the 3500 series with 159 inch cargo length .... IMO..
Almost forgot throw that 4000 lb. Cargo capacity out the window ... save yourself repairs and stick with 3250 lbs. or less...

Already planned to stay around 3000 or less...only tend to run that heavy if it's not all mountains, flat land be ok...also plan to pay extra as often as possible. As far as 3500, was my first choice but would cost 3 to 5k more...I'll miss out on 3 pallets loads if they can't be rotated, but I should still be ok.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Already planned to stay around 3000 or less...only tend to run that heavy if it's not all mountains, flat land be ok...also plan to pay extra as often as possible. As far as 3500, was my first choice but would cost 3 to 5k more...I'll miss out on 3 pallets loads if they can't be rotated, but I should still be ok.
I would still spend the extra money for the longest promaster. I still kick myself for not getting the longest Sprinter available 10 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Columbus Day should mean Bountiful the sky the Limit lots of freight over the weekend. The Quarter inventories are done. Where the Freight ??

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are right, but, we are the only Bolt unit in the area. This will test OVM's theory that Bolt has contacts all over

PS having Tamales for first time. Note to self: When the mexican counter person says the green sauce is mild, know that she is comparing it to the sun

Next time you're in McAllen hit Delia's ..... best tamales ever!

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've heard about lots of Promasters being bought for $6k to $8k under retail.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Size matters! Cargo space, comfort etc. You will lose much more than 3-5k over the course of ownership. Remember as soon as you put them on the road they seem to shrink.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was on my way up here to pick up the load.
Saw the most loving, heart-warming sight in of all places a Cemetery in Palmira Sp? Palmyra, Michigan.
You know how when your driving and you see something and then you take a second look because it's not the usual thing to see right there?
I'll never for the life of me forget what I saw in those 15 seconds at 50 mph.
A Large Headstone with Balloons, Streamers, and all kinds of Decorations on it. A Woman, much younger than I seated in her Lounge Chair nearby.
But that wasn't all. The Huge shade tree near the Plot had decorations on it too. Blankets and a Cooler I recall seeing and the most memorable sight that just got my heart were the four children, say under 10 yrs. of age, holding hands and running in a circle, chanting something and having fun!!!
My assumption was this was a Birthday Celebration with and for the Deceased. Man, how I wish my Route took me back that way but I will suffice with the Memory and the Sharing of it here! I'd love to go and hug them all! Bless their HUGE Loving Hearts!
GottaGoNow and Deliver....just a Shorty but goody 188 miles. Enjoy your Memories!
I remember a graveyard birthday party that helped put a Texas women on death row.