Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
ok i will have him go over all the fuse again yes abs light is on
Be aware that there are two fuse boxes. The primary box, which is outside near the battery box, usually has a few inside that blow. Tools are needed to replace the large fusible links.
If the ABS light thing is new, it just so happens that the TCM and ABS ECU are on the 1708 CAN. In other words, there is a massive communication error. It could be as simple as a popped fuse (which is likely), or there may be a couple of crispy computers on board (unlikely, but possible).
If the ABS light thing is not a new problem, that still needs to be fixed VERY soon, but for a different reason.

Global1910

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
ok i will have him go over all the fuse again yes abs light is on
Hey Guy thanks again for all your help I was able to fix the problem and it was so simple the driver accidentally turn the throttle up too high because of that it prevent it from going into gear when shift but now All good thanks again for all your help.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hey Guy thanks again for all your help I was able to fix the problem and it was so simple the driver accidentally turn the throttle up too high because of that it prevent it from going into gear when shift but now All good thanks again for all your help.
I never would have though of that unless I was right there!
Glad you've gotten it sorted out.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Hello,

I'm currently working on a 268 engine.

Where is DEF Injector located?

Thanks in advance.
Look at the rear of the exhaust. There's a thing with three pipes going to it, and an electrical connector.
Tell me some backstory. Any warning lights? If you've got dealer software that's good. If not, you're in trouble.

MysteryLiezer

New Recruit
Mechanic
The code is P204 (I believe)

We have JPro, but we don't have the dealer software for the HINO Trucks. Should we take it to a dealer? Or is there a way around it?

What do you suggest?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
The code is P204 (I believe)

We have JPro, but we don't have the dealer software for the HINO Trucks. Should we take it to a dealer? Or is there a way around it?

What do you suggest?
It's either a P204F or P207F. In any case, what you are seeing is a generic "something is wrong with the scr system" code being sent from the DCU to the ECU. The DCU is telling to ECU to turn on the check engine light.

To find the ACTUAL codes, you'd need to be able to talk to the module reporting it. JPro will not do this. Very few aftermarket diagnostic tools will. The one's that will have a nearly five digit price tag.

If you were somehow able to narrow the problem down to a single part, or even if you just replaced everything, the warning light and that code and the power derate will not go away. SCR-related history will have to be reset. This will require Hino DX or DXII software.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Also, are my replies showing up in italics and/or different type size? That's what im seeing on my phone. No idea why it's doing that.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's either a P204F or P207F. In any case, what you are seeing is a generic "something is wrong with the scr system" code being sent from the DCU to the ECU. The DCU is telling to ECU to turn on the check engine light.

To find the ACTUAL codes, you'd need to be able to talk to the module reporting it. JPro will not do this. Very few aftermarket diagnostic tools will. The one's that will have a nearly five digit price tag.

If you were somehow able to narrow the problem down to a single part, or even if you just replaced everything, the warning light and that code and the power derate will not go away. SCR-related history will have to be reset. This will require Hino DX or DXII software.

This one looks like italics and also color and font size different on some parts.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I have no idea why it's doing that.

More people must be reading this than I think, based on the number of replies I got, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.