October Locations And Other Chit Chat

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now take the owner of those Penske trucks. If the guy owns the company, he gets 65 cents per mile as his cut, then he pays 35 cents per mile for fuel, and then pockets 30 cent per mile for himself. on 10,000 miles a month he makes 3k. Two k if the van Is not paid for and you take into account insurance and repairs. If the guy owns five vans with foreigners in them who never go home, that is over 100k a year in income for bidding on a few loads every day. The owner gets the loads pretty easy because he's cutting a straight truck rate down so low, the broker will almost always give him the load. He isn't sitting there bidding 80 cents per mile load after load on regular cargo van freight. He doesn't have to bid on fifty loads in a row just to snag one load for one of his vans like the legitimate companies have to do. I think this kind of practice should be discouraged by brokers, but greed controls our industry.
Just wait for that horrific accident to happen when they are overweight by 2000 lbs. that will be the end for the driver, owner, broker and shipper.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just picking up in Bristol CT. Parked next to a yellow dually box with Eastern European driver. Marked under10,000 GVW. NOW, here is what I found: when I tool the model and specs and looked online at the "yellow truck site", that same truck is marked 12,300 GVW. So, they cheat on GVW to skate under regs but CAN carry 5,000 lbs. After all. Bet it is under insured??
Or not insured at all.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
You missed my point..I want that heat...should have gone with him. I don't like the cold..lol

Juju, my wife hit the road with me today and we will do a couple weeks of "team". Ziggy likes hot and I like cold. The bad news is one of us will be unhappy half the time. The worse news is if I suggest a way to get warm she will put ON another layer of clothing?? Typical me - Ready, Shoot, Aim!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Juju, my wife hit the road with me today and we will do a couple weeks of "team". Ziggy likes hot and I like cold. The bad news is one of us will be unhappy half the time. The worse news is if I suggest a way to get warm she will put ON another layer of clothing?? Typical me - Ready, Shoot, Aim!
Just remember to let her control the temp in the truck and you'll most likely live.....LOL

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Me Likes! Do they make one for 20lb. dogs too or do I just get a larger size and stuff her in there with me? ;D
GOT A LOAD to pick up in the am Michigan to East Liberty.
Now I can watch the FB Game tonight and get some good sleep.
Bought myself a Hi-Vis Tingley Winter Coat for my BIRFDAY - EXTRA Large so it's nice and long but gonna take it upstairs to the Sewing Machine to take in the Belly, Arms and Shorten the Sleeves some.
Hope you all get what you want for Monday!
Hi to Ziggy, WornOut's Wifey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worn Out Manager

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Me Likes! Do they make one for 20lb. dogs too or do I just get a larger size and stuff her in there with me? ;D
images

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
So much to do then ... Miss it HECK YES Heavenly Father & Jesus Please let these Angels be adopted please save their lives and give them a forever home in Jesus Name I Pray Amen.
please go to the SPCA and Kill Shelters and save the Animals Lives Adopt a Dog or Cat Puppy or Kitty. Thank you You will be glad you did.10659352_10152339609971339_8158354771146770878_n.jpg 10906110_10153820136614460_6876524134308113875_n.jpg

Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So much to do then ... Miss it HECK YES Heavenly Father & Jesus Please let these Angels be adopted please save their lives and give them a forever home in Jesus Name I Pray Amen.
please go to the SPCA and Kill Shelters and save the Animals Lives Adopt a Dog or Cat Puppy or Kitty. Thank you You will be glad you did.View attachment 12149 View attachment 12150
Amen Brother. Maggie is the 8th Dog in my Life. Adopted July 26, 2013. The oldest girl at The humane society and continually returned, affected by mistreatment. Smooth-Coated Terrier/ Cattledog Mix. She has blossomed, she has trusted again and we love each other very much. Does NOT like me leaving her anywhere. She believes (I do too) that she should be able to go with me everywhere. So, SO well-behaved and I never need to raise my voice to ask her to do something. She showed me her issues, fears, quirks...and I showed her mine, so we're even! ;D
I AM THE LUCKY ONE in this Relationship. She is the sweetest, kindest, protective, referee at my Dog Park, smartest, healthiest little happy person. Thank you for your Dog-Loving, Adopting Post! (But some should never be given this responsibility)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    990.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Beautiful Angel you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha...YES...thank you Iceroadtrucker! You would just Love her! She'd lean right into your legs as you pet her. Just a real Sweetheart. Her little eyes, so full of Love!
Do you have your Dog with you otr?

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Haha...YES...thank you Iceroadtrucker! You would just Love her! She'd lean right into your legs as you pet her. Just a real Sweetheart. Her little eyes, so full of Love!
Do you have your Dog with you otr?
No Logan my king German Shepard is at the House as well as Minnie my 50% Border Collie and 50% Australian Shepard and Mai Mai My 50% German Shepard and 50% Black Lab all at the House along with a JAXZ my miniature Short Hair Dash Hound He and my King Shepard are Pure Breeds JAXZ I got from Jerry Kramer out here who bought the puppy for his wife who didn't want him. I seen JAXZ in North Carolina he took dog to his house wife didn't want the puppy so he was going to give him to a kill shelter and I said I would take him.. Jerry Kramer went to North Carolina and my wife meet him down there and got JAXZ. Jerry said he cost 350 as that what he paid for the dog. I said wife bring the money he said no you pay I said ok I swung around and back down to NC and handed Jerry 350 for the dog. We both had loads to Pa when we got up there to unload he said he only paid 225 for the dog. He laugh about it. I shrugged my shoulders and thought what a liar. No case JAXZ is in a good home and is treated like a King. No Da Burn Kill shelter for him. YES him and LOGAN get along. By the WAY my Daughter Angie told me " Dad You be Proud He (JAXZ) Swims like a Seal. So there You have it 2 dogs in VA that are Pure Breeds JAXZ and Logan. Then 2 Dogs that are 50% 50% in Iowa Minnie and Mai Mai. I Love them all YES I do. Dogs are Angels you Know and if you happen to Follow Face Book you seen I Post out to People to go to those Kill Shelters and Adopt these Beautiful Angels. Again You got a Beautiful Angel and I bet U Both are Best EMS together. Thanks for listening to the rant. Double Tap.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No Logan my king German Shepard is at the House as well as Minnie my 50% Border Collie and 50% Australian Shepard and Mai Mai My 50% German Shepard and 50% Black Lab all at the House along with a JAXZ my miniature Short Hair Dash Hound He and my King Shepard are Pure Breeds JAXZ I got from Jerry Kramer out here who bought the puppy for his wife who didn't want him. I seen JAXZ in North Carolina he took dog to his house wife didn't want the puppy so he was going to give him to a kill shelter and I said I would take him.. Jerry Kramer went to North Carolina and my wife meet him down there and got JAXZ. Jerry said he cost 350 as that what he paid for the dog. I said wife bring the money he said no you pay I said ok I swung around and back down to NC and handed Jerry 350 for the dog. We both had loads to Pa when we got up there to unload he said he only paid 225 for the dog. He laugh about it. I shrugged my shoulders and thought what a liar. No case JAXZ is in a good home and is treated like a King. No Da Burn Kill shelter for him. YES him and LOGAN get along. By the WAY my Daughter Angie told me " Dad You be Proud He (JAXZ) Swims like a Seal. So there You have it 2 dogs in VA that are Pure Breeds JAXZ and Logan. Then 2 Dogs that are 50% 50% in Iowa Minnie and Mai Mai. I Love them all YES I do. Dogs are Angels you Know and if you happen to Follow Face Book you seen I Post out to People to go to those Kill Shelters and Adopt these Beautiful Angels. Again You got a Beautiful Angel and I bet U Both are Best EMS together. Thanks for listening to the rant. Double Tap.
A Big Heart you and your Family have! So nice to read about your Fur Kids, their Breeds, Names and how much you all love em! Quite a variety...what fun! They have good Lives now and a Great Pack! Thanks for writing about them!
I've loved Cleo, Honda, Chelsea I, Sara, Chelsea II, Steve and Maggie. Whoops, I said 8 Dogs, shoulda said 7!

Reactions: iceroadtrucker

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A Big Heart you and your Family have! So nice to read about your Fur Kids, their Breeds, Names and how much you all love em! Quite a variety...what fun! They have good Lives now and a Great Pack! Thanks for writing about them!
I've loved Cleo, Honda, Chelsea I, Sara, Chelsea II, Steve and Maggie. Whoops, I said 8 Dogs, shoulda said 7!
Don't forget there always another not to replace but to further the Heart.. AMEN