Radical Rhetoric And Its Results

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's politics for Obama. He won't speak out too much against it because he needed and still needs to keep together part of his constituency to win elections. That's why there were crickets heard from Obama instead of condemnation when VP Joe Biden told a black audience the Republicans will put you all back in chains. Obama himself did something similar back in 2008, as a candidate for President. Speaking in Detroit to a predominately black audience, Obama said the following:
Article excerpt :
Barack Obama and Joe Biden were in Detroit this afternoon before 35,000 or more people. Obama hit hard on the winning issues of this campaign:

"I think Senator McCain just doesn’t get it – he doesn’t understand that the storm hitting Wall Street hit Main Street long ago. That’s why his first response to the greatest financial meltdown in generations was a KATRINA LIKE RESPONSE. Sort of stood there. Said the ‘fundamentals of the economy are strong.’"

Using the racially tinged word like Katrina was a calculated decision to galvanize support among black voters by creating racial strife and grievances. It apparently has continued throughout his Presidency.

Article link referenced in post-http://m.dailykos.com/story/2008/09/29/613861/--160-Obama-McCain-had-a-Katrina-Like-Response-to-Economic-Problems

Using the Katrina reference was an acknowledgement that one can certainly see where some would come to think that black lives don't matter. He didn't create racial strife or grievances, they have been there all along, simmering under the surface, ignored by those [white people] in power. Until they simply explode, as they have. Keep insisting the black people are just thugs who don't have any right to demand anything, and it will keep happening.
At least he didn't say "Heck of a job, McCain", eh?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
For starters, you might want to consider the rate at which blacks kill each other, the rate or their children born out of wedlock and the rate of their abortions compared to the rest of the population of the US. Of course we dare not mention their disproportionate crime and unemployment rates. It's not a question of nerve to bring up inconvenient facts, it's just not PC. Obama has done nothing to bridge the racial divide, and under his administration the standard of living for everyone - especially blacks - has deteriorated. Notice the news about crime rates rising in the past year, especially in metro areas like Chicago and Baltimore. Maybe it's a case of "lives don't matter" to the criminal element in our country.

PC is citing statistics as if they prove anything about the people they represent, and their circumstances, lives, and reasons for believing what they believe. It'd be really inconvenient to learn they actually aren't mostly amoral & unemployed killers, wouldn't it? That's why many people don't ever really truly look: they don't want to see.

PS Loved the comment about Trayvon Martin: "tats, grilles, and all." My daughter has tats [I have one very old one myself], and jewelry in some, um, unconventional places [her, not me!] but if you think that makes her a no class thug, you couldn't be any more wrong. Wait - maybe you could, remembering all the times you already were.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Using the Katrina reference was an acknowledgement that one can certainly see where some would come to think that black lives don't matter. He didn't create racial strife or grievances, they have been there all along, simmering under the surface, ignored by those [white people] in power. Until they simply explode, as they have. Keep insisting the black people are just thugs who don't have any right to demand anything, and it will keep happening.

The Katrina reference and Biden's comment were demagoguery simply to get part of their constituency to vote for them by playing the race card. It has happened throughout their administration.
Btw, Obama's go to guy is Sharpton. It's 'Heck of a job Sharpy' :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
PS Loved the comment about Trayvon Martin: "tats, grilles, and all." My daughter has tats [I have one very old one myself], and jewelry in some, um, unconventional places [her, not me!] but if you think that makes her a no class thug, you couldn't be any more wrong. Wait - maybe you could, remembering all the times you already were.
This has to be one of the most disjointed, nonsensical comments ever. Please show where I EVER mentioned your daughter in this or any other post I've ever made. How you can misrepresent my criticism of Obama as an attack on you and your family is an exercise in the absurd, and a lame attempt to make a straw man argument as a basis for the usual ad hominem attack. You need to learn the difference between right and wrong as opposed to a difference of opinion.

Just in case you or anyone else didn't understand the irony of Obama's Trayvon comment, the first photos of him that were published were made when he was 11 or 12 years old. At that time he was the picture of innocence and looked nothing like he did when he had his confrontation with Zimmerman. Obama was obviously not aware of this change in appearance or his postings on social media before he made his uninformed comment.

The reality of holding high political office is that your children also have an image to uphold and standards of behavior that must be met. Trayvon Martin obviously had neither of these burdens. With that in mind, how many tats do the Obama daughters have? How about piercings? In the real world, everyday Americans can for the most part indulge themselves in any type of personal jewelry and artwork that pleases them - and this is completely acceptable except in some employment situations. High ranking politicians and their families don't have this luxury - image is everything.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This has to be one of the most disjointed, nonsensical comments ever. Please show where I EVER mentioned your daughter in this or any other post I've ever made. How you can misrepresent my criticism of Obama as an attack on you and your family is an exercise in the absurd, and a lame attempt to make a straw man argument as a basis for the usual ad hominem attack. You need to learn the difference between right and wrong as opposed to a difference of opinion.

Just in case you or anyone else didn't understand the irony of Obama's Trayvon comment, the first photos of him that were published were made when he was 11 or 12 years old. At that time he was the picture of innocence and looked nothing like he did when he had his confrontation with Zimmerman. Obama was obviously not aware of this change in appearance or his postings on social media before he made his uninformed comment.

The reality of holding high political office is that your children also have an image to uphold and standards of behavior that must be met. Trayvon Martin obviously had neither of these burdens. With that in mind, how many tats do the Obama daughters have? How about piercings? In the real world, everyday Americans can for the most part indulge themselves in any type of personal jewelry and artwork that pleases them - and this is completely acceptable except in some employment situations. High ranking politicians and their families don't have this luxury - image is everything.

How you can misrepresent my comments as an "attack on you and your family" is an exercise in the absurd. You criticized Obama for seeing the Trayvon with "the tats, grills and all" as someone who could have been his own son, as if the things even innocent teenagers do [tats, crazy haircolors, unorthodox jewelry] are proof of some kind of depravity or degeneracy. It's just part of becoming a completely separate person, a stage in the process that most teens go through. Wise parents don't get their undies in a bunch over most of it [especially the stuff that's easily reversed when they decide it isn't the image they want], while parents who clamp down and forbid any unorthodoxy whatsoever raise kids who can appear very well behaved, but are not being truthful. [Josh Duggar!]
You say that "Obama was obviously not aware...when he made his uninformed comment." I say the uninformed comment is the assumption that Obama doesn't know anything about teenagers. I think he knows how shallow and idiotic it is to judge them by their age appropriate accessories, and their need to 'fit in'. I think he also knows that if Trayvon had been his son, such images would never have seen the light of day, because we see nothing like that from his two teenage daughters. That doesn't mean they don't have any individual expressions of jewelry or artwork - it just means they understand and respect their place, [and their parents'] which means no sharing anything that would embarrass them. Their parents raised them well.
There's enough to criticize Obama for legitimately, but people who make things up just because it's Obama get tiresome. The man is an excellent parent, and his comment about Trayvon was a heartfelt expression of the tragedy of lost potential. Interpreting it as something to sneer over is just proof that nothing Obama does can ever be right to some people.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
smoke'm if you got'em, they're at it again. This is caused by to tight a pair of undies, bored with life, no where to go,way to many Pilots,breathing to much diesel fumes,bad hair do's, poor planning, and a case of hemorrhoids. It's the weekend, lighten up Francis..............................amen.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Barack Obama has been and continues to be the most racially divisive American politician since George Wallace. No one else is even close.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Barack Obama has been and continues to be the most racially divisive American politician since George Wallace. No one else is even close.
You have got to be kidding!

Can we all say Lester Maddox.
quote-that-s-part-of-american-greatness-is-discrimination-yes-sir-inequality-i-think-breeds-freedom-lester-maddox-117302.jpg

Ftransit

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Are you Canadian? ('eh?')

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
You have got to be kidding!

Can we all say Lester Maddox. Maddox was a contemporary of George Wallace, meaning their rise in politics happened during the same period. Obama is the most racially divisive American politician since George Wallace. Completely accurate.
quote-that-s-part-of-american-greatness-is-discrimination-yes-sir-inequality-i-think-breeds-freedom-lester-maddox-117302.jpg