DAC Report Help!!

Jay00

New Recruit
Driver
Hello Guys and Ladies,
Can someone please help me with this, or direct me to the correct company, Stevens Tanker placed Jack Knife accident, preventable accident on my report, which there was no accident it was damage of property as i turn the truck no other cars was involve, no tickets, I contacted Hirer Right as well but that takes 30 days or more, and I need to work, I was only with the company for 14 days and 6 of them days i sat...so I quit 07-29-15 to 08-14-15 and on 08-17-15 this was put on my report, which is not allowing me to get a job, I have all my endorsements, even TWIC card. please help... Thanks

Jay00

New Recruit
Driver
No, i did not, it was a Sand Tanker trailer and on one side of the truck has HOT pipes that blows the Sand out... and i had to do a turn around on a narrow street, no way to back and the pipe push on the fiber glass of the Truck and crack it..when they reported as jack knife, and I did not report accident, which I did

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So you had an incident while backing up that caused damage to property? If so, you probably won't be able to get that removed from your DAC report. Especially if the damage wasn't reported at the time it happened

Jay00

New Recruit
Driver
yes, but they place it as " Jack Knife" accident on DAC which is false and I reported the incident

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Then you'll have to get Stevens to edit or remove it. HireRight won't change it for you, that's for sure. Other than that you'll have to get an attorney experienced in DAC reports to help you.

Jay00

New Recruit
Driver
okay thank you..meanwhile....no job will hirer until it's removed? and or I have to wait a year?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Depends. Some companies don't even look at the DAC reports because they know there are errors and "revenge" entries in there. Others will look at the report but will want to get a feel for you in an interview. If interviewed I'd be honest and say it was a backing incident and not a jack knife accident.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not off hand. Expediting is a little different than general trucking in that you're an independent contractor rather than an employee. Talk to any of the various expediting companies and see what they have to say.

Reactions: Mailer

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Call an attorney that deals with this issue and see what they have to say. We can all sit around and guess, but most of us don't know the inner workings of the system. A good attorney will, and it is worth it, even if you have to pay him for 30 minutes of his time. Someone here my have an attorney referral.

Reactions: Mailer