September in Load 1 Nation

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just love this. Got to the yard got paperwork done with dispatch. Oh, we have something for you. Handed me the some papers. Random drug test. Random! Lol. They knew I was coming to the yard and what a coincident that my name came up the exact day and time I got here. Going to buy a lottery ticket.

I'm all for drug testing and I'll take'em as many times as I have too. But, let's drop the random phase.

Then again, it was my first one in two years. My first one ever after hire.
The look you get when you come out of the bathroom and they tell you have been selected for a random drug test.....

43620a6fac353d03f7db3cc533dfc4f7.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What's bad is when you're sitting there in a parking lot in Sterling Heights waiting on a load, and out the windshield you see on the other side of the parking lot a :nurse::nurse: Concentra :nurse::nurse: (and virtually next door to that is the lab where all the Concentras send the peefilled cups), and you get a call saying that you need to come by Safety to pick up some "important paperwork," so at 3:30 you fight traffic and construction :smiley_driving:and an hour later get to Safety and they hand you the "important" peeinacup paperwork for the Concentra in Woodhaven.:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: (5 out of 5 Rages)

That wasn't even a "Here's your sign" moment, :dash2:
that was a friggin' "You need it tattooed on your forehead" moment. :punch:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We don't get to pick. All the drivers are picked by the third party consortium. They give us the list then we have a certain time period to complete them but we can't "warn" a driver when we get the list.

Reactions: Steady Eddie

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just love this. Got to the yard got paperwork done with dispatch. Oh, we have something for you. Handed me the some papers. Random drug test. Random! Lol. They knew I was coming to the yard and what a coincident that my name came up the exact day and time I got here. Going to buy a lottery ticket.

I'm all for drug testing and I'll take'em as many times as I have too. But, let's drop the random phase.

Then again, it was my first one in two years. My first one ever after hire.
They figured you were smoking something when you implied it wasn't slow. ;);)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Odd. They don't come up on my phone or computer. Have to check the home computer later.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Thinking.gif

jelliott Veteran Expediter Motor Carrier Executive
Carrier:
Load One LLC
Vehicle:
Fleet of many types!
What are you thinking about???