Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGMMDURAMAX

Rookie Expediter
That's the most common one.

Of course, if your dealer has never sold one, they probably won't have it in stock (which is ridiculous).

This is only the tip of a Iceberg, they order in the wrong part in guess who pays restocking fees the customer and this has happened to me a $150.00 for the wrong set of 2 rims

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Is there much difference between 22100E0101 and 22100E0102

Edit: these are pump part numbers. You want the scv for your pump, correct? Your pump part number is visible, barely, from the side. Its on a black sticker on one of the pumping chambers, visible from the outer side. Get me that number and I can tell you which scv you need.

Last edited:

AutoFixers

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Quick question... We have 2010 Hino 258. Our tow department isn't exactly on top of letting our service dept know when issues arise. We recently had it in our shop for a routine LOF and noticed on the message center it simply says DPF. No other indicator lights are on. We have scoured the entire building for the owner's manual and cannot for the life of us locate it. :arghh: We are curious as to what this means and if we need to perform the manual regen procedure.

Thank you in advance and we are working on purchasing a new owners manual.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Quick question... We have 2010 Hino 258. Our tow department isn't exactly on top of letting our service dept know when issues arise. We recently had it in our shop for a routine LOF and noticed on the message center it simply says DPF. No other indicator lights are on. We have scoured the entire building for the owner's manual and cannot for the life of us locate it. :arghh: We are curious as to what this means and if we need to perform the manual regen procedure.

Thank you in advance and we are working on purchasing a new owners manual.
Is the dpr graph at 5 bars? Then yes, manual regen. If not, that's a maintenance reminder. Replace the inlet and outlet sensors on the DPR and have the exhaust brake adjustment checked. Have any open recalls performed.

00ssnorcal

New Recruit
Working with a 09 268 w/200k on it. no code / drivability issues. It has been to two other shops and the dealer and they can not find problem. I has no power and pops thru intake, bucks and surges under acceleration. Any ideas? Passes all of the dx tests in hino explorer. The only spec out of range I have found so far is turbo boost is around 10 psi, 15 psi is spec if I recall. Again any Idea? I rarely work this product line.:(

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Working with a 09 268 w/200k on it. no code / drivability issues. It has been to two other shops and the dealer and they can not find problem. I has no power and pops thru intake, bucks and surges under acceleration. Any ideas? Passes all of the dx tests in hino explorer. The only spec out of range I have found so far is turbo boost is around 10 psi, 15 psi is spec if I recall. Again any Idea? I rarely work this product line.:(
Inspect itv, replace if in question. Modify it, whether new or used.

I have previously described inspecting a turbo on these. Be harsh with your analysis.

Last edited:

hgross

New Recruit
Hi all. I've been working on Hino trucks almost exclusively for the last few years, and I'm pretty familiar with their ins and outs at this point. If anyone has a question, I'll be happy to answer it, if I know the answer.
Have a 04 268 dealer said turbo was causing power lose. Changed same thing. Drive it and it loses piwer and smokes. Pull off road let it idle. It will be good again for 20 miles or so then smoke and lose of power. Checked fuel system. Good. Any suggestions?
Hi all. I've been working on Hino trucks almost exclusively for the last few years, and I'm pretty familiar with their ins and outs at this point. If anyone has a question, I'll be happy to answer it, if I know the answer.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was at greasytshirts place last weekend, he replaced the head gasket on my 05 that was leaking oil, here is the pic of the block with the head removed, notice where the oil had been leaking (I had cleaned it up a little before I took the pic)

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1441323740.151948.jpg

Now here is the head getting ready to get the injector cups replaced

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1441323784.217523.jpg

And here is the block all cleaned up with the new gasket in place.

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1441323816.297006.jpg

Got there at 5am left about 10:30 pm and no more oil leak!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Reactions: greasytshirt

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Have a 04 268 dealer said turbo was causing power lose. Changed same thing. Drive it and it loses piwer and smokes. Pull off road let it idle. It will be good again for 20 miles or so then smoke and lose of power. Checked fuel system. Good. Any suggestions?
Did they blame low boost? Do you know what codes, if any, it was showing?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Here is the information on the Supply pump located beside the SCV

Supply pump 22100E0100 ( SCV kit 04226E0100 )

It has been superceded by part number 04226E0101. We have one in stock.

Off-topic:
Your username mentions Duramax. That Isuzu engine's fuel system is not much different than Hino, having injectors, common rail, and pump made by Denso. Your pump also has an scv, GM may call it a fuel pressure regulator.

Last edited:

Happy Hooker

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
New to the forum as well as the site not realy sure how to navigate. My 2008 258 is in the shop now they are saying the turbo is needing replaced at 4700 American dollars. Sent it in because it has been out of service for a while wanted to get it back up and running. For starters we bought the truck new in 09its life has been mostly in town as a flat bed (roll back) the truck has been in what I want to call limp mode but then starter stopped in gaging by the key. The dealer says I have to replace the turbo due to the fact that the waste gate is stuck open or shut and the actuator is not working. The system check is calling for dpr or regen. My belief is that the warnings were ignored by the driver's (3) that worked for my father. And after being ignored for so long the truck was somewhat smarter than they were and had gone into self preservation mode. In your thread I have read about manual regen or dpr by removing and replacing the in and out sensors on the dpr. I had to jump the starter over to start it before taking it in for service at 317k the engine is still smooth. Wondering which way to go with it. Thank you for your time. My name is Brian and my # is (614)290-5585

Happy Hooker

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
A follow up to my last post, I am not real comfortable with this dealer because they also told me I need a starter, the starter relay was getting power but I believe there to be a second fuse panel because the starter jumped right over with no drag what soever

Don_vincentio

Seasoned Expediter
Went to take the flatbed on a call, and when I started it, check engine light was on, along with the info center saying scr malfunction, pulled the codes with a regular obd2 scanner
P204f
Reluctant system performance bank 1
P205d
Reluctant tank sensor high

Erased the check engine, started the truck and the check engine came on within a minute

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
A follow up to my last post, I am not real comfortable with this dealer because they also told me I need a starter, the starter relay was getting power but I believe there to be a second fuse panel because the starter jumped right over with no drag what soever
Auto or manual transmission?

I am reluctant to call.

I love getting calls at 11:30 pm.

No one else needs my phone number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.