Exclusive use of truck

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just curious...... If you have an exclusive use load, but have time to sneek in a second load,,, would ya do it?...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the carrier's tariffs are priced as exclusive use and most expedite tariffs are, then the carrier shouldn't have offered to put another load on you. If my carrier offered a second load at full rate, yeah, I'd take. If something happened they'd be on the hook with the customers. Let them explain! I'd plead ignorance. I'm good at that. It comes naturally.

Reactions: artie and cheri1122

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If my carrier offered a second load at full rate, yeah, I'd take.

I've heard about a carrier that was forcing their drivers to take a second load for $25-$50... I don't know if it's true or not.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd ask the dispatcher to send a message over the QC saying it was authorized to take both loads, along with the usual load info showing rate etc., and then I'd take it and wait for the double pay. I might take photos of the QC screen for backup purposes also.

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Like LDB said get your _utt covered with info on Qualcomm or text from company. Have had a few shippers request another stop for cash. If something happens it will be on that cash leg.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a double load Friday night. Picked up near Detroit and started south to TN. Got a call just 45 minutes down the road. The same broker had another pu in OH going to the same consignee. Added 250 miles, but also added another $300 to what I got paid. Easily became over $1.00 per all miles including all DH.