4B Restaurant Cream of Tomato Soup

28-32 oz canned tomatoes

9 oz chicken broth

1 oz butter

2 Tblsp sugar

1 Tblsp chopped onions

a pinch of baking soda

2 cups cream

Mix tomato, broth, butter, sugar, onion and soda. Simmer one hour.

Heat cream in a double boiler and add to tomato mixture

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and for that big head of cabbage that's ready in the garden.

Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup Crock Pot "Kapusta"

2 cups potatoes, cubed and peeled
4 cups cabbage, shredded it fine
1 carrot, shredded it fine
1 large onion, chopped
2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed (optional)
1-1/4 lb Polish sausage, cooked, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
4 cups fat free chicken broth or you can just use water
black pepper and salt to taste
Directions: Place potatoes, cabbage, carrot, onion, caraway seeds, sausage, pepper and salt in crock pot. Pour broth over all.Cover, cook on low for 10 - 12 hours or high for 5 - 6 hours.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Haven't tried this one yet but I hear it's pretty good.

Zuppa Toscana (better than Olive Garden!)

Make sure to share to save to your timeline!!! Soup weather is upon us!

1 lb. Italian sausages (use spicy to get that signature Olive Garden flavor)
4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional)
2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
32 oz. chicken broth
1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped (or spinach)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp flour
DIRECTIONS:
1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft. 30 minutes before serving:
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly. 8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
BEST. SOUP. EVER!!!!

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And I put up another 15 pints of salsa the other day. Just went out and picked a couple more bags of tomatoes..think I'll make more canned tomatoes since I can use them in a whole lot of things!

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stuffed pepper soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 large bell pepper, diced
1 can (29 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 (10 oz) can tomato soup (or tomato sauce)
1 (14 0z) can chicken broth (or beef broth)
2 cups cooked rice
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper, to taste
shredded cheddar cheese, for topping

In a large pot, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced green peppers and onion over
medium-high heat.

When cooked, drain excess grease from beef mixture.

Put beef back into pot.
Add in diced tomatoes.

Add in chicken broth (or beef broth, if using).

Then add in can of tomato soup or tomato sauce (whichever you are using).

Give it all a good stir. Then add in rice.

Stir again.

Then add seasonings; sugar, garlic powder, salt & pepper (to taste).

I always say to add salt & pepper to taste because I know salt is a sensitive seasoning for many
people. And the amount you use depends on if it is sea salt, kosher salt, table salt or salt
substitute. So when adding salt & pepper, just keep adding a little at a time and stir, then
taste after each addition until it gets up to the seasoning level that is right for you and your
family.

Cover and let soup simmer on low-medium heat for about 30 minutes to let all the flavors blend.
Salivating JuJu...thx for your Recipe! YUM!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
7 More quarts of tomatoes put up yesterday...tomato plants are still producing although there just aren't as many now. May have enough cukes for a couple more quarts of pickles too.

Reactions: vandriver2

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Almost everything is out of the garden now..there's a few tomatoes left and the green beans and one cabbage that has yet to meet it's maker. Nice gentle rain this morning and we'll have a few warm days yet. Got all the lawns mowed yesterday ang a bag of fertilizer waiting to get spread. So in a gardener's world this rain makes it a three cup of coffee morning!:drowning:

Reactions: ntimevan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Finished with the turf winterizing fertilizer after 3 days of pushing a spreader around. Next project is mulching my 8 flower beds and watering it all. Waiting for some bulbs to come in this week before I can finish the one. And it's getting cool enough at night I'll probably pull the last of my tomatoes and bring them in to ripen. Fall is a busy time of year around here.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And the garden is done...pulled the last plants out (got another bag of tomatoes) and the yard is mowed. We're supposed to have two nice days before it starts raining so tomorrow I'll mow the trailer park, wash the mower and put it away for the year..hopefully! Already moved my herb pots in to a southern window..might have time to dust now! LOL

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And the garden is done...pulled the last plants out (got another bag of tomatoes) and the yard is mowed. We're supposed to have two nice days before it starts raining so tomorrow I'll mow the trailer park, wash the mower and put it away for the year..hopefully! Already moved my herb pots in to a southern window..might have time to dust now! LOL
...and in between dusting, wrench that mower blade off and sharpen it on your grinder for Spring! You are one busy, and fun/funny Woman! Kudos!