Trophy Points

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've also added the Trophy Points to be viewed under the avatar. The points are clickable.

We now have a total of 1875 points which can be awarded and 33 Trophies.

It is unlikely that anyone will max out at 1875.

I would do more with posts/likes combinations, including ratios of likes to posts, but unfortunately when we moved from the old to the new forum software the likes couldn't be ported with it. As a result, newer members might have 100 posts and 50 or more likes, which is a really good and trophy-worthy ratio of likes to posts, but then you've got veteran members who lost all their likes in the move, like Ragman for example, with his 8000 posts and 1200 likes, who is missing, I dunno, probably 5000 likes. It sucks.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's another like for ya. :)
I hate it that everyone lost their likes. :(

Also, the user titles (under your name under your avatar) are hooked to the Trophies, so some user may see their titles change.

The User Title Ladder and the points required to achieve them are:
New Recruit
Rookie Expediter (10)
Active Expediter (30)
Seasoned Expediter (55)
Expert Expediter (85)
Veteran Expediter (135)

Anyone stuck and need just a few more points to move up...
10 points for uploading something to the Media Gallery
15 points for 15 items uploaded to the Media Gallery
20 points for creating an album in the Media Gallery

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thanks. Yeah, I'm having fun. Some of the stuff I'm doing requires a steep learning curve and I'm self-taught.

On the "likes" not being carried over, it's an imperfect solution because there's no way to really know how many were lost, but I've added likes to most members as a way to recoup some of them. Depending on when you joined up, how many posts you have, whether or not you've visited since Jan 1 of this year, and my own observance of the percentage of likes to posts most people (and certain individuals) received in the past, I've added between 10-30 percent of the post count to the "likes" count. For some people, 20% or even 10% is maybe too many, but for others it's probably not nearly enough. We have some newer members with more likes than posts, which isn't at all unusual for many forums. Before the software change I can remember seeing several people with more likes than posts. I just don't remember who they are. So at least people like Ragman and many others get some of them back.

Deville

Not a Member
I noticed I was awarded the 5 year trophy. I have been posting here almost 10 years......I think I stared in the spring of 06'

Reactions: Lawrence

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I noticed I was awarded the 5 year trophy. I have been posting here almost 10 years......I think I stared in the spring of 06'
You can click on your Trophy Points number below your avatar and it'll show you which ones you have.

Deville.PNG
Spring of 06 it is. :D