Classic Movie Saturday

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's enough movies for now. It's time for some lunch.

Guess I'll nuke some leftover brisket we got from Famous Dave's.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today we will be enjoying the wonderful work of Henry Fonda........

The choices are many, but The Grapes of Wrath from 1940 will definitely be one of them.

Let the movie watching begin.....
7_17_4-1.gif~c200

Is Sometimes A Great Notion on your playlist for today? It's adapted from Ken Kesey's novel.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know today has Henry Fonda featured, be just for a change of pace this evening there will be a feature change.

We will be viewing Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machine.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Classic Movie Saturday has been cancelled for today. Details to be announced later.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Another week is done and as a reward, we will be enjoying some of the finest western movies known to man, beginning with.....

Stagecoach from 1939, followed by
Highnoon from 1952 and Shane from 1956.

Smiley31-1.gif

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A little late but.............

September 10, 1955 ~ 60 years ago today JOHN WAYNE appeared in a video to introduce a brand new Western drama premiering on CBS. The star of this new Western TV series was a good friend of Duke's, James Arness. Gunsmoke stands as the United States' longest-running prime time, live-action drama with 635 episodes.

September 10, 2015 on the ENCORE Westerns the original video by John Wayne and the first episode of Gunsmoke will be shown at 8:00 pm PDT/EDT.

Season 1, Episode 1: "Matt Gets It" Matt is critically wounded while attempting to arrest super-fast gunman Dan Grat. Grat runs rampant in Dodge while Matt recovers, but is unpleasantly surprised when the recovered marshal challenges him again.

U.S. Marshal Matt Dillon: "If you're gonna to use that gun, you better start on me." This quote by James Arness was heard many times over the course of the 20 season TV series.

Reactions: Moot and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Classic Movie Saturday resumes today with a great schedule.

Ragmama and I will be enjoying the work of the late great Spencer Tracy starting with Boys Town from 1938 followed by

Northwest Passage from 1940 and Inherit the Wind from 1960.

Smiley31-1.gif