August. Where you at,

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got a message from a member that got taken by this lady at least 2 years ago working the Jackson area....well I hope she enjoyed my donation....
These Opportunists are VERY GOOD at their Craft aren't they? I do feel empathetic, compassionate. It's what they do daily, like a profession, and they know every pitiful word and story to touch a person's kindness, weakness.
They'll look at me, my eyes and expression and bypass me usually. I fire so many questions at them in a very calm manner, it's not funny! I offer every possible solution to their needs. They get frustrated that it's not working. Their facial expression and tone of voice changes like a light switch. I mean no offense, but they'll select their victims...often females praying upon men. I've observed it so many times! Servicing their addiction or thrill of scamming someone out of a $10 or $20 for smokes, alcohol, meth, whatever's their vice.
I recall I was sitting in my Drivers Seat, windows down a bit for ventilation while painting and out of the corner of my eye I see him coming on his bicycle. I don't make eye contact, but he's bold as usual. "MISS, MISS!, MISS, MAM!...he wouldn't stop" I look at him. He appears older, frail, destitute, disheveled sp? ...asks for Money saying he's Hungry (I'm parked at McDonalds). I offer him a Bottle of Water, "NO".... A diet Rootbeer...shakes his head no....he says "I can get water across the street at the Truck Stop!".
"okay, just a minute" I say as I reach down for my purse and get a $5 Bill, then begin getting out of my van. It's in the middle of the day, I'm watching him and his hands, lots of people around, Maggie's not liking this guy.
As I get out and lock my door, the man starts extending his arm to receive the money. I look at him and say, 'Oh, no, come on, we're BOTH going inside to buy you a hamburger...you said you're hungry!!!"
He shakes his head, no words, exasperated, turns the bike and rides away. I was going to feed him!
I could tell you SO many different scenarios over the past 5 years...could write a book. I'm willing to help someone, (not monetarily) but I'm not going to enable their addiction. The more they're successful at conning someone, the more they'll continue 'playing' vulnerable people and in the long run being dependent and harming their body.

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
These Opportunists are VERY GOOD at their Craft aren't they? I do feel empathetic, compassionate. It's what they do daily, like a profession, and they know every pitiful word and story to touch a person's kindness, weakness.
They'll look at me, my eyes and expression and bypass me usually. I fire so many questions at them in a very calm manner, it's not funny! I offer every possible solution to their needs. They get frustrated that it's not working. Their facial expression and tone of voice changes like a light switch. I mean no offense, but they'll select their victims...often females praying upon men. I've observed it so many times! Servicing their addiction or thrill of scamming someone a $10 or $20 for smokes, alcohol, meth, whatever their vice.
I recall I was sitting in my Drivers Seat, windows down a bit for ventilation while painting and out of the corner of my eye I see him coming on his bicycle. I don't make eye contact, but he's bold as usual. "MISS, MISS!, MISS, MAM!...he wouldn't stop" I look at him. He appears older, frail, destitute, disheveled sp? ...asks for Money saying he's Hungry (I'm parked at McDonalds). I offer him a Bottle of Water, "NO".... A diet Rootbeer...shakes his head no....he says "I can get water across the street at the Truck Stop!".
"okay, just a minute" I say as I reach down for my purse and get a $5 Bill, then begin getting out of my van. It's in the middle of the day, I'm watching him and his hands, lots of people around, Maggie's not liking this guy.
As I get out and lock my door, the man starts extending his arm to receive the money. I look at him and say, 'Oh, no, come on, we're BOTH going inside to buy you a hamburger...you said you're hungry!!!"
He shakes his head, no words, exasperated, turns the bike and rides away. I was going to feed him!
I could tell you SO many different scenarios over the past 5 years...could write a book. I'm willing to help someone, (not monetarily) but I'm not going to enable their addiction. The more they're successful at conning someone, the more they'll continue playing vulnerable people and in the long run being dependent and harming their body.
When we were in Vegas and walking the strip we seen a few honest panhandlers, their signs said, Why lie, I need a beer and hooker! If your gonna bum money at least be honest about it!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for all the well wishes but even though I studied I still managed to get in there and have my mind brick....so failed the test by 2 questions so time to get back in that book and study some more

Reactions: vandriver2