The Trump Card...

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
As a lifelong observer of American politics, it appears to me that Donald Trump is connecting with a wide swath of voters. There is no one on the political scene who can stop Trump's growing popularity and the press are frustrated with themselves for their failure to take Trump down. Trump is so far ahead of his rivals, they seem insignificant. It's like Trump is Gulliver in the Land of Lilliput. No one saw this coming.

Unless Trump trips himself up, his candidacy grows stronger. After two terms of the embarrassingly weak Obama, many Americans are flocking to what they perceive as a strong, unapologetic man. The Trump campaign is fascinating to watch. With Trump, Carson and Fiorina in the 2016 race, nonpoliticians are gaining favorability. And why not? The career politicians are killing us.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Lets take a look at Trump's Birth certificate :smuggrin:
Be assured, Trump will undergo scrutiny the likes of which no candidate has seen.

BTW, Trump's mother was born in Scotland. Donald Trump, the son of an immigrant. How cool is that!!

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump still leading in the polls. Now at 40% according to one.
He's in first place...by a lot. :D

POLL: DONALD TRUMP SETS RECORD, HITS 40 PERCENT IN NEW POLL
Donald Trump, the GOP frontrunner, hit the 40 percent marker in a recent Gravis Marketing poll. According to a report, this is the first time a candidate has reached above the 30 percent mark.
Since the previous survey done by Gravis Marketing on July 31, Trump increased almost 10 points. Dr. Ben Carson increased 7 points and was named the winner in a Post GOP Debate Poll.

Trump, Carson, and Fiorina three of the top five GOP presidential candidates, have never held office.

The Gravis results were as follows:

Donald Trump – 40.1%

Ben Carson – 13%

Jeb Bush – 10%

– 7 %

Carly Fiorina – 5.2%

John Kasich – 4.8%

– 4.7%

Mike Huckabee – 3.7%

Scott Walker – 3.5%

Rick Perry – 1.5%

– 1.5%

Chris Christie – 1.4%

George Pataki – 1.1%

Rick Santorum – 1%

Bobby Jindal – 0.9%

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
– 0.6%

The poll surveyed 3,567 voters randomly across the United States. It had a margin of error of plus or minus two percent and was conducted August 21-22.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Trump is getting support from many in the 'conservative base', independents and even some democrats. The conservative base is a solid voting constituency, if they believe that their candidate will make a difference for the better. At least some in the news media will have you think that the people who support Trump are just a bunch of uneducated rednecks fueled by nefarious motives, while Sanders' supporters are mainly sophisticated citizens with only the best of intentions.
Some in the media can't help themselves in writing biased articles like this.

View attachment 11836

I've seen nothing about Trump fans being "uneducated rednecks fueled by nefarious motives". What most commentators say is that Trump is enjoyed for his 'don't giveadam what you think' attitude, by people who are sick of hearing politicians mouth words they shouldn't even be able to say with a straight face. I am one of those people too, but I have never seen Trump as anything but an egotistical blowhard. The fact that he's in the race is proof that money rules - if he weren't financing his campaign, he wouldn't have one.

Reactions: RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
As a lifelong observer of American politics, it appears to me that Donald Trump is connecting with a wide swath of voters. There is no one on the political scene who can stop Trump's growing popularity and the press are frustrated with themselves for their failure to take Trump down. Trump is so far ahead of his rivals, they seem insignificant. It's like Trump is Gulliver in the Land of Lilliput. No one saw this coming.

Unless Trump trips himself up, his candidacy grows stronger. After two terms of the embarrassingly weak Obama, many Americans are flocking to what they perceive as a strong, unapologetic man. The Trump campaign is fascinating to watch. With Trump, Carson and Fiorina in the 2016 race, nonpoliticians are gaining favorability. And why not? The career politicians are killing us.
Stop touching yourself ... you'll go blind ...

Reactions: Ragman

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
I've seen nothing about Trump fans being "uneducated rednecks fueled by nefarious motives". What most commentators say is that Trump is enjoyed for his 'don't giveadam what you think' attitude, by people who are sick of hearing politicians mouth words they shouldn't even be able to say with a straight face. I am one of those people too, but I have never seen Trump as anything but an egotistical blowhard. The fact that he's in the race is proof that money rules - if he weren't financing his campaign, he wouldn't have one.
this just in, Trump endorsed by KKK's David Duke,...lol

Reactions: cheri1122

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In Trump fashion...

"Trump, however, doesn’t appear to be concerned that he’s attracting these kinds of fans.
“A lot of people like me,” he said. “Republicans like me, liberals like me. Everybody likes me.”

Read more: Donald Trump: I don't want David Duke's endorsement

He is a caricature of the Ugly American, and BTW: when he isn't exaggerating, he lies outright. It boggles the mind that anyone could take him seriously for 2 seconds, even.

Reactions: jjtdrv4u

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obama lied constantly during his first term, he got relected. Many feel he hates a large segment of the population. Most politicians lie to us we continue to fall for it.

Reactions: westmicher

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
He is a caricature of the Ugly American, and BTW: when he isn't exaggerating, he lies outright. It boggles the mind that anyone could take him seriously for 2 seconds, even.
he reminds me of adolf hitler, playing the ignorant masses with his insane fanatical maniacal charasmatic rhetoric against minorities and immigrants, which seems to be the republican losing formula the last couple of elections...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yea we have no illegal immigrant problem at all. Let's just keep ignoring it. Like him or not he has forced others to talk about a serious problem that's only getting bigger.

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
he reminds me of adolf hitler, playing the ignorant masses with his insane fanatical maniacal charasmatic rhetoric against minorities and immigrants, which seems to be the republican losing formula the last couple of elections...
I like how Trump spoke out yesterday about the 30% unemployment rate with black youth citizens of this country. His message was that with his Presidency, there will be more jobs for them. Nothing insane fanatical maniacal about that.

Reactions: RoadTime

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These same words perfectly describe Barack Hussein Obama, yet he he got re-elected in spite of an awful record in his first term and will leave office with a legacy of abject failure.

Reactions: aristotle

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
These same words perfectly describe Barack Hussein Obama, yet he he got re-elected in spite of an awful record in his first term and will leave office with a legacy of abject failure.

The Ugly American is a stereotype: loud, ostentatious, crude, rude, and dismissive of [when not wholly insensible to] the culture of 'foreigners'. I don't see Obama anywhere in that.
Your opinion of his legacy is one that is disputed by many. Wishful thinking?

Reactions: Ragman