August. Where you at,

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ya, our bad. I see MEM to long? Ya, I get excited. Who can blame me? LOL!!

I have gotten excited over loads too and texted or called my drivers. Then I take a second look at the load and realize it's 9500 pounds, and that particular truck can only carry 8500 pounds legally. When I used to dispatch cargo vans, things were much more simpler. Now I have to check how heavy each loads is, and a lot of times I have to break out the trusty old calculator and see if all of the skids will fit in the truck. I also have to make sure that there is enough transit time in the load for a solo to run it legally. I get a lot of drivers who tell me they can run any load whether it be legal or illegal and I have to explain to them all of the liabilities that are involved if they run over their hours. Some drivers are only focused on revenue. I need to keep our companies safety rating in good standing!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sitting in a bakery lot for the night in Danville VA. It's hot here but generator is out and AC is on. Unlike Bill G, I had to actually get out and pull the cord, no in-cabin push button!

I wonder if sleeping in the Tasteycake lot will raise my blood sugar?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I dropped at Navistar in Urbana and headed north to home!
Sorry bout that! Next Time!
Was supposed to have a load that delivered there Sunday morning, but when I showed up at the Estes terminal in west middlesex pa, they could not find the freight, said they don't think it ever left Indianapolis.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I get a lot of drivers who tell me they can run any load whether it be legal or illegal and I have to explain to them all of the liabilities that are involved if they run over their hours. Some drivers are only focused on revenue. I need to keep our companies safety rating in good standing!

All it takes is one accident to lose everything and it won't matter who is at fault if they run illegally.