Getting our own customers - where do I begin?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Excuse me but what does having a lot of trucks under the same insurance policy have to do with getting good rates ? just asking or are you talking about insurance rates ?

We get really good insurance rates because we have 40 units. The more units you have, the cheaper it is to insure them. That is what I meant to intimate!

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
We get really good insurance rates because we have 40 units. The more units you have, the cheaper it is to insure them. That is what I meant to intimate!

Since insurance is so cheap would you mind sharing what your coverage levels are and the cost for a 12 month policy on those 40 units? and also type of policy is it scheduled autos only? I will gladly share my 2 van policy just so we can compare the difference on a per unit basis. I do ok with just 2 vans as far as makes ends meet but you know the deal about haven 10 trucks to get on certain services that generate wealth right. So I am just trying to see if its worth me buying another 7 vans even if they sit.and was wondering do trailers count as units I have one regulated power unit but it could pull 3 or 4 different types of trailers.are those 40 units all cargo vans?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You don't need ten trucks to get on with certain people. You just need to tell them you have ten trucks. I might share some of my insurance information with you in an email, but on here or over the EO servers.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In most insurance policies, it states that if the agent fails to notify the additional insured in a timely matter when insurance is either cancelled or insurance levels are lowered, they are responsible for any accidents/damages that occur during that time period. Also, with regards to cargo insurance, it does not cancel right away. It always takes 30 days to cancel a commercial policy, even when there is non-payment of monthly premiums. If I do not pay my insurance today, or if I decide to cancel my insurance today, my policy will have a cancellation date of 30 days from the date it was originally cancelled. So carriers have plenty or warning when an O/O cancels their policy, or loses their policy due to not keeping up with their monthly insurance premiums. I just wanted to clarify that to some of you guys who don't seem to understand how this all works. A driver can't cancel his insurance policy overnight and have it cancelled that exact day. There are a lot of steps involved in that process!
A timely manner won't be decided until it goes to court. I actually am suprised you seem to believe there is not an insurance problem in the van segment if I'm understanding you correctly. It certainly is counter to what other company owners and those in the insurance industry have to say on the subject.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think he might be saying there is NO instant notification system in place at this time....there is a time gap...

kastmgmt

Not a Member
A timely manner won't be decided until it goes to court. I actually am suprised you seem to believe there is not an insurance problem in the van segment if I'm understanding you correctly. It certainly is counter to what other company owners and those in the insurance industry have to say on the subject.

I also found it hard to believe that he didn't think there was an insurance problem, then I typed "blizzard" in the search bar. I noticed that every carrier that "Blizzard" has been involved with has closed it doors at one point or another.

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
There is so much misinformation about insurance in this industry...

Yes, I understand the link is not for commercial truck insurance but it is the same concept.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also found it hard to believe that he didn't think there was an insurance problem, then I typed "blizzard" in the search bar. I noticed that every carrier that "Blizzard" has been involved with has closed it doors at one point or another.
yes he has a dark cloud that follows him....LOL

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You sure are jealous aren't you? I have been with Panther, Bolt, Express 1, and many other carriers who have not closed their doors. I don't see any dark clouds forming here. I am making between 2-3 K a month and I don't even have to leave my house. How much money are you netting driving your little cargo van?

Reactions: jjtdrv4u