August. Where you at,

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's what it reminds me of when I see them trying to back those big trailers in...lol There's a nip in the air this morning too although I think it's warmer than the 49 degrees that weather.com said it was a few minutes ago!!

You need to come home and cut some more firewood...lol

I woke up to low 60s in Murdo. A lot nicer than the 46 I woke up to in WY last week. :confused:

Reactions: jujubeans

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scott, I don't think it is more reliable.

I have used qualcomms of all kinds and apps on the phone. The best was the old 2 piece qualcomm, unless you were in a building or under a tree. The mcp added an option besides the satellite you could have another antenna that works on the cellular network. But that brought more complexity, windows powered junk that took forever to boot up etc.

The apps are limited by the data network. I go lots of places where the data is poor. But the most annoying thing is that I have no data connection while I yapp on the phone. That means that during my 2 hour conversations while on loads my position is not updated, so often I get asked where I am.
That's network specific and another reason I have AT&T. Data works while on the phone

TNJenn

Active Expediter
Have sent out numerous emails this morning to Bolt employees (and Amber in IT) asking these exact questions.
Thanks for your Reply.
Doing some research online I came across an article saying that apple is working to get the necessary capabilities in their products to work with the QC app. So you need an android smart phone I personally favor Samsung I have a note 3 and a S 5 I like both a lot. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: vandriver2

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have change your handle from Vandriver2 to. Bulldog. You got your teeth in this and didn't let go. As the saying goes: "You Go Girl"!
Like a Dog with a Bone I am! Just like unloading this 300 lb. Engine Dollie tonight. "How we gonna unload this thing! 6 men got their panties twisted and I calmly with a tired smile said "just watch me and do as I say" but how're we gonna get it to the edge?" I'm a big girl, there are wheels, it rolls. Watch. I'm punchy tired and talking too much.
Here I go some more....
No, seriously, the more Cody and Curt at Bolt said (such as it works on an IPhone but not an IPad) the more I thought...they've just never tried it on an IPad and are saying "it's not gonna work on".
That's not the way my Folks raised me. That's not what they showed me by example. There's no need to be gruff, we all kinda got into figuring the thing out. It's Sylectus that needs to talk to Sam B. the Tech Guy now and listen to what needs to be changed for Driver's Sanity. All good...Walmart lot sleeping tonight.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Doing some research online I came across an article saying that apple is working to get the necessary capabilities in their products to work with the QC app. So you need an android smart phone I personally favor Samsung I have a note 3 and a S 5 I like both a lot. I hope this helps you.
The Sylectus Mobile App I installed on my IPad worked fortunately.
The Tech guy and Driver Relations guy Curt just had to use my email address instead of the typical cell phone number to get all the info to transfer. Glad we kept tryin stuff till ....MAGIC!!! It worked!

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mark, absolutely. I never meant for you to give out your friends' phone numbers. What I meant was that you could facilitate the connection somehow, maybe get her number and ask one of your friends to call if they want to.

Btw, I've been wanting to get your number to chat with you for a loooong time now, but I haven't run into you yet. And even though I have the numbers and chat occasionally with some of your frinends, I haven't asked them give me your number.
Thank you, it all worked out and I removed my Qualcomm. The Sylectus Mobile App installed and by using my email address, all info transfers just fine to my IPad!

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have change your handle from Vandriver2 to. Bulldog. You got your teeth in this and didn't let go. As the saying goes: "You Go Girl"!
Like saving money. No longer doling out $30 per week on a QC. YIPEE! $1560 annually.
Also like spending that saved money on things I want and need.
Oil Paints and a D4 Heater this year!!!

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Engine Dollie, Minus the Pallet that initially made it not fit. Take it off the pallet and load it. I'll secure it with 3 Load Straps so she doesn't roll. Just like I did my Electra Glide.
IPads can replace Qualcomm's if you think outside the Box. I hope DR Young dude Cody learned not to be so quick to say Can't, Won't, Doesn't. Sometimes, sometimes it does!
Freight can fit too sometimes. Never give up till there's no more try.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.7 KB · Views: 61

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
That's network specific and another reason I have AT&T. Data works while on the phone
You have to enable advanced calling (HD and Video) in settings and be on LTE/CDMA network NOT global for Verizon with an s6 or newer for Verizon...found that out after switching from an s5 recently.

Reactions: scottm4211

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see Maggie is supervising. Was it her idea to remove the freight from the pallet?
image-jpg.11694

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
While you are there you can get a Big Orange "T" to put on your truck. It will get you more loads.

I just found a setting different on my phone and Sally's
Very odd. I usually get texts and emails on my iPhone 6. BUT Sally doesn't get either. Gotta be a setting, at least on the 6 phone with Verizon.

I just found a setting different on my phone and Sally's that MAY be why I get texts and emails during calls and she doesn't.
Cellular....
Enable LTE....
"Voice & Data....(her's was off and mine is on)

Gotta test it.....

Reactions: ntimevan