Glass cleaner

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
What no cute white foamy bubbles? What fun is that? It's the bubbles that make it worth while!!

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Has anyone tried those tablets of washer fluid that TA/Petro sell?
They kinda make sense, why buy a gallon of colored water when you can add your own water?

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Didn't think about not freezing. I was thinking more about summer time. It was so cold this winter I added rubbing alcohol to the washer tank to lower freezing point.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If you're interested in cleaning products that are effective, nontoxic [no fumes to poison you], safe around pets, and inexpensive, look up The Clean Team, Jeff Campbell's pro crew of cleaners. They didn't like what was available commercially for cleaning, so they worked with chemists & engineers to create their own cleaning stuff, and they sell it to the public. Or, if you don't have time for it to arrive by mail, they'll even tell you which ingredients to get from a janitorial supply place to mix up your own - sweet! Jeff Campbell has several books that show how to speed clean, and have some helpful hints [like wiping different ways on each side of a window]. He is one of my heroes, lol.
PS If you like the Swiffer, you should know that they designed the same thing first, except the covers for the mophead are washable terrycloth. I used their system years before Swiffer came out, and it was amazing to clean the kitchen floor in 10 minutes, with no muss, no fuss.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
And it's an effective guest repellent too, because everything smells like vinegar!
Greasytshirt, my wife uses vinegar to clean windows. It smells when she does it but I was surprised the first time she used it how quickly the smell disappeared. I really dislike the smell of vinegar, but it is no problem.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Greasytshirt, my wife uses vinegar to clean windows. It smells when she does it but I was surprised the first time she used it how quickly the smell disappeared. I really dislike the smell of vinegar, but it is no problem.
That's what I use....and now with the temps breaking 50 I think I need to get busy!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic

My mother used it growing up. I hate the smell. I know it works well.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
I use OFF, it's an invisible force field the bugs don't mess with my windshield it only gets clean every two weeks.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bugs don't have a choice when your doing 60 or 70 down the road, it's not like their trying to hit your windshield.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
No for some reason they're trying to avoid my windshield I can see the before and after results. It's like prior there was no sense of their demise. after using the off about 10 feet prior to impact they seem to be alerted to impending doom, this 10 foot of space give them enough reaction time to divert.