Cargo Van Need opinions on van replacement

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is rather off topic but from what I read on this forum before is that OTR van expediting pays paltry wages. So how do some of you afford new $45k vans? Right now as a city courier I make $600-$700 a week after expenses. How much better or worse could I do driving OTR for a company like Bolt?
Averaging....you may have a week where you earn just $570...or a few up to $2900. Expediting is a Crap Shoot and Gamble. Know your Monthly Living Expenses and your Monthly Vehicle Maintenance Needs. Have a healthy Emergency Fund.
If you have a second income (a spouse) you are able to breathe easier...depending on how you both Live.
Ya know, have as little debt as possible, or none. Everyone's Lifestyle differs and expediting is not a consistent income. '11 Extended Sprinter/permanent bunk/3 skids/313K

Last edited:
Reactions: scottm4211

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Well I think I figured out why Chevy does not make a long and high top van like the Nissan NV. well did you know does Chevy and Nissan are in cahoots. Nissan is providing all chassis and motors for the new Chevy transits. That deal went down about the same time the NV came out. I saw one hell of a man where they had this all fiberglass shell mounted to a Chevy body. I gotta find one of these by

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have been talking about that Chevy Nissan deal for a while.

Was it the c as cargo max or ultramax you saw, they both are what you described. A few people on here have a cargo max

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Yes it was a Chevy cargo max that I saw. very interesting. I just contacted those boys in China I'm going to see what that truck is about its got a diesel engine 4 liter diesel

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I think I figured out why Chevy does not make a long and high top van like the Nissan NV. well did you know does Chevy and Nissan are in cahoots. Nissan is providing all chassis and motors for the new Chevy transits. That deal went down about the same time the NV came out. I saw one hell of a man where they had this all fiberglass shell mounted to a Chevy body. I gotta find one of these by
Transits are made by Ford and have Ford engines and drivetrains.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm still driving a 1998 Chevy. As long as it runs-- and it does run good-- this one is paid for.

Wow! I had a Savana '97, I bought it brand new in 97... it was running like a new one till I had to give up on it back in '09 because of the carrier, they said it's too old...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Buy the vehicle that best suits your needs regardless where it is built. They all have tons of foreign parts, and every company manufacturers some vehicles here and some across borders. Mexican production creates a lot of income for expediters. Do what's right for you.