Headed to Panther!!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thats the thing with an unrelated Team....you have to do double the miles just to make the money...yeah it seems your rolling more but you have to spit with the other driver....so is it really worth having to share those intimate moments?...LOL

The only winner is the fleet owner....thats why they push teams so badly

Reactions: Gene Forshey

Momma Sue

New Recruit
Driver
To you guys that went through Panther orientation. How did you get there? Did you stay at the hotels? My fleet owner hasn't been much help. He did ask if I wanted to take a bus. No, I don't because I want to bring a bunch of stuff with me. Being a company driver most of my life I'm not used to this "see you when you get here." I feel like a grown up and Im not liking it one bit. Lol This is a lot for me to invest $ just getting there for the classes. I'm 9-10 hrs away and no one can drive me out there. Did your fleet owner cover anything for you?

Gene Forshey

Active Expediter
My fleet owner covered motel and picked me up at the airport! I took very little to get by on and when I got a chance to get home got everything else!

Reactions: davekc

Momma Sue

New Recruit
Driver
Thanks, you would think a fleet owner would want you to feel wanted and sweeten the pie. I'm going to assume times are tough for him and it is what it is. Having expenses covered would make the decision to jump in much easier for sure but I have read that I can deduct it on my taxes if I have to pay for it myself. Where do you live Gene? I have a feeling getting home to NW Ct is going to be difficult.

Gene Forshey

Active Expediter
I'm in NC...unless you live in Indiana ohio that area it's hard to get home any where! What are you looking to drive?

Momma Sue

New Recruit
Driver
I'm going to try cargo van. I have experiance with logs and hos and want to be free of all that regulation for awhile. Go solo and see if I like being close to homeless and if it's worth it.

Momma Sue

New Recruit
Driver
I did apply to one that said closed group but I don't think they approved me. Black Panther laying on his back? Lol that one?

Momma Sue

New Recruit
Driver
Could you just put a bug in their ear and tell them a girl named Sue tried to get into the group over the weekend?

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
So i booked my flight yesterday and im headed for Ohio on Sunday!! Orientation starts on Monday!! Going Solo straight!!! Hows the miles for a solo straight??
wish you had enough $for a flight back thays what would do. ive been there best thing I did was leave.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thanks, you would think a fleet owner would want you to feel wanted and sweeten the pie. I'm going to assume times are tough for him and it is what it is. Having expenses covered would make the decision to jump in much easier for sure but I have read that I can deduct it on my taxes if I have to pay for it myself. Where do you live Gene? I have a feeling getting home to NW Ct is going to be difficult.
No idea on vans, but straights go to CT pretty frequently. Many fleet owners don't cover orientation because if a prospective driver fails a drug screen or physical, they are out those costs. For me personally, I look for who has the ability to be a business partner. If they can't afford to get to orientation hypothetically, I'm not the guy they want to partner with. It is not employment. Or another way, would you want to go into business with someone where the other side is broke or heavily financially challenged?

Gene Forshey

Active Expediter
wish you had enough $for a flight back thays what would do. ive been there best thing I did was leave.

Ok first of all I've been with Panther going on 9 months now! I've been quite satisfied and have done really well!!!.....some don't succeed in Expedite because they need someone to hold thier hand!!! Apparently you are one of them!! Ttruck!!!

Reactions: davekc

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok first of all I've been with Panther going on 9 months now! I've been quite satisfied and have done really well!!!.....some don't succeed in Expedite because they need someone to hold thier hand!!! Apparently you are one of them!! Ttruck!!!
im at landstar best move I ever made nobody holds your hand here at panther they were to far up you know where here I actually like nonforced dispatch.lol

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
im at landstar best move I ever made nobody holds your hand here at panther they were to far up you know where here I actually like nonforced dispatch.lol

Landstar is a good outfit. But with that said, if they were a lot better, everyone would be there. Have to look at the whole picture and not just part of it.

Reactions: Turtle