Classic Movie Saturday

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I only saw part of Airport 1975 on tv years ago. It was bad. You must see the original Airport.
All those disaster movies were bad! They were terrible in fact. That's what made them so good.o_O:confused:o_O

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The original was based on the Arthur Hailey novel. It was a very good book and the movie followed it close enough to be a good movie. Subsequent Airport versions were just whatever to feed off the great first movie.

Reactions: xmudman

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The original Airport was a straight up suspense drama, and quite a good movie. The others were schlock; unfortunately the Seventies had more than their fair share of crap in movies, music, you name it.

Airplane was a sendup of the whole Airport franchise; it was hilarious, IMHO.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Getting ready to start another Classic Movie Saturday.

First up is Inherit the Wind staring the great Spencer Tracy.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Love that movie, despite the literary licensed inaccuracies. It's really a comment on McCarthyism moreso than it is about the trial. It's fitting justice that one of the screenwriters who wrote the adaptation of the play for the screen was a McCarthyism blacklisted writer.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Classic Movie Saturday had been postponed until Sunday this week. Ragmama and Ragdaughter are having a chick flick Saturday.

Dang!

Wait! Today is Sunday!!!!!
I'm so confused!!!!

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Classic Movie Saturday had been postponed until Sunday this week. Ragmama and Ragdaughter are having a chick flick Saturday.

Dang!

I'm so confused!!!!

Day late and a dollar....well, you know. :)

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Classic Movie Saturday had been postponed until Sunday next week. Ragmama and Ragdaughter are having a chick flick Saturday.

Dang!

I'm so confused!!!!
Fixed it for ya!

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just finished the 1943 classic Adventures of Huckleberry Finn starring Mickey Rooney. I had never seen it. Mrs Rags said I would enjoy it. She was wrong.

Reactions: fastman_1

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You must be mistaken. She is never wrong. You haven't learned that yet? Your training is obviously incomplete.

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Today we will be enjoying the wonderful work of Henry Fonda........

The choices are many, but The Grapes of Wrath from 1940 will definitely be one of them.

Let the movie watching begin.....
7_17_4-1.gif~c200

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fonda is one I avoid whenever possible although In Harm's Way is an exception. Enjoy.