Big Truck What speed is your truck governed too?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My is governed to 65.

I would be comfortable at 70 ( although wasteful).

redskunk

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Army
My last truck was set at 65. My new one is set at 83 from the factory. However, we normally drive at 62 mph.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Lol I don't know I keep it under 70 but once ran 85 going east behind a big truck but boy 450 miles a tank went down to 330 not doing that again

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
70 mph in most of our trucks, but some are set at 65 mph.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found my van's 93 mph governor somewhere in South Texas. My wallet governs me to 70 loaded, 60 empty.

Reactions: skyraider

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know--- never found the top end. However, about 70 or just below when speed of traffic allows that. Sometimes I drift down to 60 and find it hard to stay above that. Not because of the vehicle-- because of me.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have mine governed at 67 mph. Just enough to pass all the slow pokes doing 65 if I need to.
I mostly run at 60 mph.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
WG Tractors that go to Canada Said to have be set 65. Makes a lot of People mad when u pass some one slower than you in a 65 and they are going 62 63 in a 65mph zone. The line behind you are in 70 plus trucks and cuss you out on the CB. One thing to say. Need the Bull Back it would get up and go.

sewmun

Seasoned Expediter
Mine says 72 on the printout for the ecm but the speedo is off & gps says 69,but I usually run 62-63.