The Trump Card...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yeah the founding fathers could rise from the dead, go buy a few slaves, kill a few natives, take away some woman's rights and burn alive the ones they thought might be witches. Sound like good dudes. Silly founders, they didn't realize that all woman are witches. Lol

Like the current snide comments about Margaret Sanger [the founder of Planned Parenthood, basically], you need to judge them in the context of their own time, not ours. And I don't believe they had anything to do with burning witches, that was a religious group, though it may certainly have affected their views on religion.
Unlike today's legislators, they worked hard to keep the government from abusing its citizens, and they did a pretty good job of it, IMO.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Breastpumpgate gets over-inflated :rolleyes:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politics/donald-trump-interview-dana-bash/index.html

Why does "I'm rubber and your glue" keep coming to mind.

This is going to be one heck of a race. Trump seems to bounce back stronger after every attack.
Democrats, if there still laughing, have to be at least some what concerned with his increasing popularity even at this early stage.
Republican party wishes he'd go away, messing up their master plan for a trifecta, and making them look stupid in the process.

Ahh bring on the next attack, if there going to go 20 years back to an already recanted divorce deposition, let's go back to grade school. I heard Trump once took a kids lunch money after a comment about his hair :p

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No you've got that all wrong.

Democrats WANT Trump to be the Republican nominee.

We just can't resist making fun of him. It's just SOOO easy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RLENT

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Like the current snide comments about Margaret Sanger [the founder of Planned Parenthood, basically], you need to judge them in the context of their own time, not ours. And I don't believe they had anything to do with burning witches, that was a religious group, though it may certainly have affected their views on religion.
Unlike today's legislators, they worked hard to keep the government from abusing its citizens, and they did a pretty good job of it, IMO.
I do judge them on there time period, not ours. It was a joke Cheri. I know I'm not as smart as you or every other know it all on here, but I'm smart enough to know that if our founders were here today that they wouldn't have slaves ect. I also realize that our founders who set up the government we use today weren't the ones burning witches a hundred or so years prior. Everyone is so dam serious on here all the time, and for what! Smh

Windsor

Veteran Expediter

Yeah he really is an easy dude to make fun of. Comedians love that guy. The hair and the crazy ass stuff that comes out of his mouth c'mon we can't help it.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
A nation so weak-minded as to elect Barack Obama can easily elect a Donald Trump. Trump is campaigning as a populist, and unless he implodes, can make a strong run for the GOP nomination. A nation which elected Barack Obama is capable of electing just about anyone. We joke about Trump's hair or bombastic style, but the guy is gaining support across a wide spectrum of voters who are tired of politicians. Can Trump stay in the race for the long haul? Who knows? At least he is interesting.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
What happened to the conservatives strong Christian family values platform bs they always run with? You know the one where they always try and campaign like they have some kind of moral high ground over the democratic canadate. Trump doesn't represent that at all with all his trophy wife's that he trades in for younger ones when the plastic surgery won't cut it anymore. The grass roots and brass tacks guy didn't work. Then the Mormon who saved the winter games didn't work out. Now they might roll with fickin Donald Trump. A billionaire with a reality show who cant relate to 99% of the US population. Conservatives must like losing elections. Smh. I know there's some very smart and very qualified ppl that lean to the right that would be better than what there rolling out right now.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
......I know there's some very smart and very qualified ppl that lean to the right that would be better than what there rolling out right now.
This person would win in a landslide. The country has rebuked the tea partier many times now and the GOP doesn't seem to get it. Put this person front and center and watch Hillery and the Dems wither away.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Yes, right now the Dems want Trump to be the Republican nominee. He has a high unfavorable number and is losing in the polls to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. But it's very earlier. Trump hasn't spent much of his 'FU money'. We've had previous candidates that initially weren't taken seriously and were counted out as too long of a shot. Such as Hollywood B actor Ronald Reagan, a philandering and scandal ridden Bill Clinton, and a candidate that was a Senator for only two years and who many thought wouldn't be elected because of his race.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump - and maybe Fiorina - are probably the ONLY GOP candidates that would not be intimidated by HRC or the Democrat smear machine. Trump knows how to play the game at their level - which is the gutter. The only problem with his campaign's future is if he does the Ross Perot thing and implodes. Right now IMHO this will likely be the case. Then again, I didn't think a clown like Barack Hussein Obama had a chance for a first or second term either.:(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I do judge them on there time period, not ours. It was a joke Cheri. I know I'm not as smart as you or every other know it all on here, but I'm smart enough to know that if our founders were here today that they wouldn't have slaves ect. I also realize that our founders who set up the government we use today weren't the ones burning witches a hundred or so years prior. Everyone is so dam serious on here all the time, and for what! Smh

Sorry, Windsor, had no clue you were joking - too many similar comments that weren't have been posted here over the years. Like "the Democrat smear machine", which, coming on the heels of the "expose" of Planned Parenthood by an Operation Roger funded group of extremists is just hilarious.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually I hate o's policies and think he has done horrible damage to this country. But you would never consider someone thinking outside of color because you have an issue with it. Not liking someone for their actions and ideas have nothing to do with race some people have trouble grasping that concept.