July 2015 Where ya at? Where ya going?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
it feels like that at one time or another for most out here....just think what I am thinking when I get skunked on a Friday and I see on facebook Murray and Sally out partying....you have to let those types of distractions go...its part of this whacky business....
Get to Bed.....
Getting loaded here and its Gosh Darn Foggy....

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
it feels like that at one time or another for most out here....just think what I am thinking when I get skunked on a Friday and I see on facebook Murray and Sally out partying....you have to let those types of distractions go...its part of this whacky business....

True, definitely let that go.
As I've booked more loads than I can remember with a beer in my hand.
Phone. Never. Off.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe Fastmans pond is having a problem....? lol

11822379_933428900028932_237739069876210834_n.jpg

mikedrives191

Rookie Expediter
You can't expect your dispatcher to be on the computer 24/7. No one can live on the load boards 24 hours a day, they will get burned out. Some of my drivers expect me to be here on Saturday and Sunday after working 12 hours a day 5 days a week. I have to remind them that I have a life just like they have a life. Drivers get to hang out all day doing fun stuff while waiting for their phone to ring. Working in operations is a lot of work and answering the phones 12 hours a day dealing with all of the different driver stories and brokers can be mentally taxing. If I was in Murray's place, I would have husband dispatching for 12 hours and then wife dispatching for 12 hours. Everyone needs down time, even dispatchers!

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can't expect your dispatcher to be on the computer 24/7. No one can live on the load boards 24 hours a day, they will get burned out. Some of my drivers expect me to be here on Saturday and Sunday after working 12 hours a day 5 days a week. I have to remind them that I have a life just like they have a life. Drivers get to hang out all day doing fun stuff while waiting for their phone to ring. Working in operations is a lot of work and answering the phones 12 hours a day dealing with all of the different driver stories and brokers can be mentally taxing. If I was in Murray's place, I would have husband dispatching for 12 hours and then wife dispatching for 12 hours. Everyone needs down time, even dispatchers!
My dispatchers work 24/7 for me while I do fun stuff. I have seen them personally at 3am working the load boards and customers calling in.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

We don't "sit in front of load boards" all the time. Technology has come too far to require that ALL the time.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If drivers are sitting dispatchers should be looking plain and simple.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Doing fun things like sitting by the phone...only time I do fun stuff is when oos